This refers to LDMS 9.0 SP2+++ and using the network view to see clients and wake them up via RIGHT-CLICK -> Wake UP.
I'm working on a few test machines to troubleshoot WOL problems and I have three identical machine types in a single folder within the LDMS console. I've got one machine which never lets me wake it up via right click, and then I have the other two which DO allow me the option.
Here is a scenario:
- I have all three machines powered on and I can run inventory scans on them from my console.
- Next I can shut each one down.
- After they shut down I have to manually refresh the window in the console to get them to show a valid status
- two fo the machines report the RED CIRCLE w/LINE next to the little display icon and one reports just the display icon
- it is the latter which doesn't have the red circle which does not allow me to wake it up.
-any thoughts on why this might be? I see the same status reporting behavior in both the ALL DEVICES folder as well as a custom folder under MY DEVICES.
What makes this really annoying is that I don't have this problem if I try to do the same thing from the landesk CORE using the console installed there.