7 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2011 9:00 AM by Evie

Reinitialise - Missing processes?

Rookie

We have been using the Reinitialise option for some time and it's working fine.  However, I have added a couple of more Templates and now for some reason only one process is showing up when I want to change from Incident to Non-Incident. However, Non-Incident to Incident is working fine. I've checked in the process that Allow Changing in Process is True.  Any suggestions???

I have attached a couple of Screen Shots

Thanks

• 1. Re: Reinitialise - Missing processes?
          masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Evie,

I am not 100% sure but as far as I know, you must have the same status in the target process as the process you are coming from. In your screenshot "Non-Incident" you have the status "Awaiting Response". Could it be, that the only other process with "Awaiting Response" is the "Full Incident" process?

In your second screenshot, the status is "Open" and all other processes have a status "Open" and you can choose all other processes for Reinitialisation.

It's worth a look...

Best regards

Christian

• 2. Re: Reinitialise - Missing processes?
            Rookie

Hi Christian

Thanks for your suggestion, Not sure that's the case ??

I have attached another screenshot that shows all the processes that are live and as you can see the Angus Council Incident also has "Awaiting Response" but that's not coming up as an option.

I'm sure it's something really simple I'm missing but it's driving me nuts !!!

Thanks again

• 3. Re: Reinitialise - Missing processes?
              masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Evie,

i tested it in my testenvironment. I created a test process with Open, Dummy and Closed Status and activated the "Allow change process" option on Open and Dummy. If reinitialize on the Open status, I can choose from all processes that are available. If i try reinitialize on the "Dummy" status, I have no process to change from because no other process has the Dummy status configured.

I created now a second process with the Dummy status and now I can choose this process if I reinitialize from my first process. It must have something to do with the status but I could not find anything useful in the documentaion...:-(

Maybe you can raise a support call with LANDesk.

Hope it helps a little bit.

Best regards

Christian

• 4. Re: Reinitialise - Missing processes?
                Rookie

Confusing eh?I  I checked documentation as well and it's very basic.... Thanks for your suggestions though

• 5. Re: Reinitialise - Missing processes?
                  Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Evie,

You mentioned templates... did you know that on the properties of a template you can specify which process the template is for? Perhaps the reason you're not seeing the expected processes is because they don't have templates associated with them.

Thanks,

Lara

• 6. Re: Reinitialise - Missing processes?
                    Rookie

Hi Lara,

Yes I did.  The reinitialise from Non-Incident (thats the screen shot of the smaller dark blue template)  to Incident (thats the screen shot of the larger light blue form)  is working fine, I get all the options.

It's when an Incident is being reinitialised to become a Non-Incident that only the Full Incident options is available.  Also, in the Incident Process  I have made sure that "Allow Changing of Process" is set to True on all the statuses

Thanks

Eve

• 7. Re: Reinitialise - Missing processes?
                      Rookie

Hi Lara,

This might narrow things down......

I have an Incident that was originally logged on the 1st April 2011.  It's still open as I am monitoring an issue that was raised.  The Reinitialise is working both ways - see attached screenshots.  !!!!!   I knew it was !!  So it must be something that has changed since then, any ideas where I should look ??

Thanks

Eve