5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2011 7:16 AM by Epedersen

    Unable to validate the current user with the database

    Rookie

      Hi,

       

      I have a new LANDesk managent core running version 9 SP2.  Although everything else is working fine with the core I am having issues with the webconsole.  Anybody who tries to connect gets the error  "Unable to validate the current user with the database".  I've gone through as many thins as I can think of, COM+, IIS settings and permissions, ASP/.NET settings, adding in a local user on the server and logging in with that rather than a domain account but none of that has made any difference.

       

      The core hasn't been renamed.

       

      Does anyone have any other suggestions or come accross this before?

        • 1. Re: Unable to validate the current user with the database
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

          Try the suggestions in this thread to see if they can resolve the issue for you. Suggest starting at the end of the thread and working back.

           

          http://community.landesk.com/support/message/57635#57635

           

          Edited to actually include the thread!

          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Unable to validate the current user with the database
            Rookie

            Hi, thanks for the suggestion with that last post.  I went through everything I found there but sadly I stall have the issue.  Below is the content of the error log entry on the core server when a user attempts to log in to the webcosole.

             

             

            The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( LANDesk Abstraction Layer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Request to get database connection string.
               LT-CAP-LDC-1 specified as core.
               A web exception (shown below) occurred when contacting the web service on the specified core.
               Please verify that the web server is running, and that https has been properly configured on the specified core server.
               Web exception details - System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. 
               at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context) 
               at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() 
               at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 
               at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Information.DatabaseInformationWebReference.DatabaseInformation.GetConnectionString() 
               at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Information.DatabaseInformation.GetConnectionString(String core)

             

            I've looked through the permissions on the site and everything looks ok but I'm obviously missing something...

             

            Thanks.

             

            Message was edited by: Stewarg5 LT-CAP-LDC-1 is the correct name of the core server.

            • 3. Re: Unable to validate the current user with the database
              Rick.Smith1 Specialist

              we also had this problem when the database server and core were rebooted and the core came up first.

              Most functionality worked, but we had to reboot the core server to get rid of this and other problems. Just a thought.

              • 4. Re: Unable to validate the current user with the database
                Rick.Smith1 Specialist

                ok, so problem came back. This time went through entire video and tried to do event logs, which failed

                http://community.landesk.com/support/message/68124#68124

                 

                I restarted all LANDesk services and IIS no change.

                • 5. Re: Unable to validate the current user with the database
                  Epedersen Employee

                  We just had this issue onsite and it turned out to be an issue with our Com+ account being incorrect.  Once we corrected the Com+ identity, things worked like a charm.  We had forgotten to add the domain prefix to the identity account...Obviously, it can be cause by many different things but this is another thing to check.