6 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2011 9:39 AM by mrspike

Changed IP Address

Rookie

I have a PC that needed a static IP Address. So after I changed it the Managment Console never shows that PC as connected to the network. If I click the properties to the PC it shows the old IP from DHCP instead of the new one that I assigned it. I can remote to the PC via LANDesk only by typing in the new IP address into the Remote. Is there any way to make LANDesk discover this asset on the new IP?

• 1. Re: Changed IP Address
          scots Apprentice

An inventory scan has to run on the PC.  After the scan runs, the results of that scan are sent to your LDMS Core server.  Once that scan is processed by the Core, any information about the PC that has changed (including IP address) will show in your Console.

• 2. Re: Changed IP Address
            MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Look at your agent settings and make sure that inventory is configured to send a scan on IP address change so your machine records are kept up to date.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Changed IP Address
              Rookie

I am not sure how to do that just yet. I just started with LANDesk and am trying to figure it out. I am going to the LDMS Bootcamp soon hopefully that will get me up to speed.

• 4. Re: Changed IP Address
                Apprentice

It's done within the Agent Configuration settings. If you are in LDMS go to your toolbar (I am in 9.0 mind you, it may be slightly different per-versions) go to configuration and then Agent configuration. Right click on the agent you have deployed and slect properties. Look for Inventory scanner, under Landesk Agent at the top I believe. Under where you can select Manual or Automatic updates is a section called Run inventory scans, there should be a check box there for When IP address changes. (Or something to that affect.)

• 5. Re: Changed IP Address
                  Rookie

It appears to be checked but I have another stupid question. There are seven agent configurations in the list and they all have the box check but how do I tell which one is the default configuration or which one is being used. Thanks.

• 6. Re: Changed IP Address
                    mrspike SSMMVPGroup

There will (in LD9) one default agent for each OS.

But you could have multiple agents for each OS

To see what agent a sysem is using is easy, if it is showing in the console, just check the inventory under LANDesk...

The system should do an inventory scan every 24 hours on its own