2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2011 11:32 AM by calvinlemon

How long does it take to be granted access to download LDMS 9.0 after requesting an acct reset?

Rookie

I joing LD under two different company names and I believe that is preventing me from downloading the 45 day trial software. I submitted the requested information to have my account reset so I could download the trial but I have not received a response from LANDesk, how long does this process usually takes?

• 1. Re: How long does it take to be granted access to download LDMS 9.0 after requesting an acct reset?
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

The link you are given isn't unique so should still work based on the original email you were sent. What is an issue is if you have installed the software on your server and activated the trial. LD recognises the machine so that you cannot re-install on the same box after a trial has expired. For this you either setup a new server (easy if you have a VM) or you need to contact LANDesk to see if they will extend your trial account.

To be honest, installing on a new box is generally easier.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd

http://www.marxtar.com

Register for our upcoming LANDesk Enhancements Webinar Series

• 2. Re: How long does it take to be granted access to download LDMS 9.0 after requesting an acct reset?
            Rookie

I registered and requested the dl link last week. I later logged in to download LD and I was presented with the basic msg that you get when youre not registered... it asks that you register before you are able to dl the program. I re-registered using another company's email address and still couldnt dl the program. At that time it stated that I had two accts with the same name but different e-addresses, which was correct. Thinking back, I think I did dl the program but I never installed it, I know for a fact that I never used it. I work for a school district that uses LD (Im employed there but not in the dept that uses it) and I wanted to familiar myself with it so I could fully & effectively present it to the company I am going to work for (in a capacity where I will be using the program). I think the program is awesome but it is wayy under utilized at the school district where I currently work. I have a co-worker who is LD certified and has the program (45 day trial) so i'm not going to really stress myself about downloading it. Thanks a bunch for your response and the extra bit of info... That will give me even more time to test it out w/o the hassle of re-requesting it. Thanks again.