2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2011 1:41 AM by JulianWigman

Mutiple runtime values for reminders, assignments, etc. ServiceDesk 7.32

Rookie

When including runtime values in notification messages from assignments and reminders, is there a way to include more than one in the same field?

If I type the object reference inf the format {ObjectRef/SubRef}, only the last one that has been placed in the assignment/reminder field is displayed in the resulting message.

• 1. Re: Mutiple runtime values for reminders, assignments, etc. ServiceDesk 7.32
          Apprentice

Hi    :-)

'If I type the object reference inf the format {ObjectRef/SubRef}, only the last one that has been placed in the assignment/reminder field is displayed in the resulting message.'

- if you use calculation, it's possible to add all the assignments and not only the latest.

'When including runtime values in notification messages from assignments and reminders, is there a way to include more than one in the same field?'

- If you don't use runtime values and just write them in the field you can add more than one.

ex . {_title} {description} and so on...

Cheers // Therese Edman

ITBM Sweden

• 2. Re: Mutiple runtime values for reminders, assignments, etc. ServiceDesk 7.32
            JulianWigman Expert

Hi,

If I'm understanding correctly that for say an assignment, you dont just want to see the assignment, but the assignment history;  say the last 3 assignments for that IPC?

What I would do is create a calculated attribute on the relevant BO and in that calculation you've got control over the content.  In the above table you could loop round the assignments for that IPC and concatenate into the single value.  Say the requirement is for the latest 3 assignments,  then this calculation fires every time a new assignment is added and the attribute value is updated accordingly (to be the most recent 3).

You then use that attribute in your notification instead.  This method you can have the notification layout including other placeholders too and just stick this extra one where you want in the design.

Therese's method works too but the only thing I'd say there then is that the calculation has to drive the whole layout of the nortification message too so becomes more complicated.

It's "horses-for-courses" here!

I've not tried this myself though have done similar with calculations so that's the way I'd go.

Regards

Julian