5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2011 5:13 AM by karenpeacock

Knowledge domains

Rookie

Is it possible to link multiple domains to a single article?  Trying not to duplicate artilces over multiple domains.  Trying to share articles with multiple domains, if possible.  

• 1. Re: Knowledge domains
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

Not that I am aware of.  I would instead advise to create a new domain which mirrors the use of who you want to be able to view it. 

For example, if there are articles documenting some internal procedures that you think all your internal analyst users will want to see, then perhaps consider creating a new domain called "All Internal Users" or "Internal Processes", then allocate the articles to this domain.  Then when it comes to specifying which groups can see which domains ensure that all your analyst groups can see this domain along with any others that they need to be able to see.  You can add as many domains as you like for each of your groups to be able to see.

I hope this makes sense for your scenario?

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Knowledge domains
            Rookie

very interesting article .thx for post.

• 3. Re: Knowledge domains
              Rookie

Karen,

We already have several domains, including all techs, but I was wondering is there a way to give access without creating new domains to house the multiple combinations of domains or creating multiple articles.

From rereading your post, that does not seem likely, which is fine.  I just didn't see in documentation that I have if this can or cannot be done.

Brad

• 4. Re: Knowledge domains
                JulianWigman Expert

Karen,

Can I ask a quick question on Knowledge domain? What happens if you leave the article knowledge domain category blank;is the default that everyone sees it or nobody sees it?

Julian

• 5. Re: Knowledge domains
                  karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi Julian

Yes of course.  I believe that by leaving it blank you are stating that you are not restricting the viewing of this document at all and so therefore it is available to all.  Once you fill in the domain you are only allowing people with that domain allocated to view it.

Best wishes

Karen