2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2011 10:58 PM by aparker

Start status other than Open?

Apprentice

Is it possible to create a start status other than Open?  I can drag Start Status onto the process and it comes up with the list of start statuses (only Open).  There's a button there for New, but when I click on that, it only has options to create statuses of Completion, End, and Other.  Open is all we get for a start status?

• 1. Re: Start status other than Open?
          Expert

Hi

It doesn't appear so.  I was actually just reading a bit of the Administrator manual on escalations (page 90) and it explicity states that "Custom
          statuses cannot have the status type of Start
          "

Also, in the Designer manual on page 158, on creating new statuses it mentions that you "Type a title and description for the status, then alongside the Status Type property, select Completion, End or Other" - no mention of Start types.

Cheers

Paul

• 2. Re: Start status other than Open?
            aparker Employee

Hi,

No, you can't create other start statuses. What most people do ifthey want the process to effectively begin at a status with a different name is to create a pre-condition that test for the status beign Open and then moves it on to the more meaningful name.

Andy

1 of 1 people found this helpful