5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2014 4:57 AM by pswamy

Webdesk or Console Auto Refreshing

Rookie

Hello,

When an analyst opens Webdesk, Does it auto refresh itself with new incoming incidents or it has to be manual? Is this the same with the console access?  How does this work with the Timing out of the session (Webdesk session) which usually prompts you for relogin. What settings do i adjust ?

thank you.

• 1. Re: Webdesk or Console Auto Refreshing
          Expert

Hi

As far as your dashboards go, you can right-click a query (depending on security settings you may need to be logged in as SA) and choose Properties - there should be a refresh interval for you to set.

As far as time-outs go, I don't know if there is anything you can do about that, apart from making it a longer period (although I don't have that info to hand at the moment).  I also believe that if you have integrated logins, that time-outs don't occur, but not sure as I haven't got that far yet...

Cheers

Paul  

• 2. Re: Webdesk or Console Auto Refreshing
            Apprentice

hi Paul,

is the viewing of refresh rates for dashboards available on 7.5 we went straight to 7.5 from 7.3.2. logged on as sa and right clicked both on webdesk and console but only thing i get is ability to change name and add some tip text.

rgds,

dave

• 3. Re: Webdesk or Console Auto Refreshing
              Expert

Sorry Dave - still running 7.4 here, so unsure.  It would be odd for it to be removed though...?

• 4. Re: Webdesk or Console Auto Refreshing
                karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

If you modify a query design in console then on the last screen of configuration there is a query refresh rate.

Going back to the original questions:

When an analyst opens Webdesk, does it auto refresh itself with new incoming incidents or it has to be manual? Is this the same with the console access?  How does this work with the Timing out of the session (Webdesk session) which usually prompts you for relogin. What settings do i adjust ?

Yes when opening Webdesk / Console the queries will run.

The settings to do with timing out sessions are completely separate to the refresh rate on queries.  If you are on 7.5 then the user session timeout can be adjusted using the information on page 17 of the New Features guide: LANDesk Service Desk Suite 7.5 New Features

Best wishes

Karen

• 5. Re: Webdesk or Console Auto Refreshing
                  Rookie

As you said, when the webdesk is open , the queries run.  Disadvantage is that since the queries have its own refresh rates, even though the analysts remain idle, the session time outs are not cleared.

This is because the query refresh is using up a concurrent license. Do you think it is right to consume a concurrent license on query refresh (can we not use a system user like mailservice, system to refresh such results? )

My point of view is that the concurrent license should be in use when analyst attempt to write something on the system.