3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2011 3:20 AM by aparker

Request Mode

Julian Wigman Master

Hi,

Can anyone clarify request mode for me?

It's not clear if this is somehow "per user" or "across all users"?  Is it looking at previous requests already logged in the system too (at any status)?  If so, does it check before it presents the Service Catalog and skip this entry dynamically or does it still allow the service to be requested only after the request process is underway...

I'm not too clear on the detail of how this works from the manual.

Julian

• 1. Re: Request Mode
          aparker Employee

Hi Julian,

The resquest mode is specific to the CI being published in the catalogue and not to the people who might be entitled to request it. The logic is that a request once entry will be shown until the service has been succesfully requested by an individual. When that person returns to the catalogue it will no longer be visible.

Andy

• 2. Re: Request Mode
            Julian Wigman Master

Andy

Still not 100% on this.

So the "Request Once" IS specific to a user for that particular CI.

So it must be checking existing requests for that user in the system to check if that CI is already requested?

Julian

• 3. Re: Request Mode
              aparker Employee

Ah! I see what you mean. Yes, when the catalogue builds, it brings together a number of elements to decide on what to display. A existing link between the user and the request once service will mean it is not displayed.

A