Check out this interesting malfunction. This instance of LDMS is 8.7 SP3.
I create a new custom
report, create a new query for it and add only a single column to the
Run or preview the report,
excellent, it works!
Now open the new report in
the designer, and resize the column width of the column which I added in
the previous step
Now go edit the query and
add another column.
Now open preview or run the
report, and oh no, the column is not there!
Open the designer, and
oops, the column is not there!
You can see the data field
in the top right corner of the report for the column which you are looking
for, but you cannot see the object anywhere on the form designer
I've spent hours trying to figure out what is going on here. This is a
bug if you ask me. The only way to work around this is to drag and drop the
data field into the "Details" section of the form, and creating a new
text box for the column heading in the "Detail Header" area. This is
not efficient because the data field for the second column that I created is
somewhere and is being populated when the report is run, it is just invisible.
So effectively I have every object duplicated in my report.