5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 2:27 AM by JulianWigman

Attribute Type Proxy Error When Creating Objects or Attributes

Apprentice

Good evening,

For some reason whenever I create business objects or attributes within LANDesk users keep getting Attribute Type Proxy error messages similar to the below. The services on the server occasionally suffer from the same error as per the below. From what I can see the new object/attributes are not being cached properly and causing the error message. Is anyone aware of how to fix this issue as I cannot believe that this problem should be happening when I create new objects every time. As it stands right now I have to do any creations out of hours whether I'm editing existing objects or not (What I've actually been doing on this occasion is creating entirely new objects that noone has access to yet) and this seems very strange. Even when doing out of hours users are still getting this error. Any light that can be shed on this would be very much appreciated.

Event Type: Error
      Event Source: Touchpaper Services Background Processing
      Event Category: None
      Event ID: 0
      Date:  02/06/2011
      Time:  21:32:09
      User:  N/A
      Computer: ********
      Description:
      Failed to stop service. Touchpaper.Framework.Common.TouchpaperException: Unable to find reloaded metadata object 'AttributeTypeProxy' with unique identifier af5464f7-0c0a-498c-a14b-7eff2bd49e83. Please restart application.
         at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.AttributeTypeProxy.GetRealObject()
         at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.AttributeTypeProxy.IsEssential()
         at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.DataAttribute.CheckAuthorised()
         at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.DataAttribute.GetValueLoadOnDemand()
         at Touchpaper.ClientClasses.SystemManagement.BackgroundTask.get_Title()
         at Touchpaper.Framework.Service.BackgroundService.OnStop()
         at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.DeferredStop()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Many Thanks,

Anthony Mitchell