1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 24, 2011 10:55 PM by Jared Barneck

How to change the Default DVD Drive letter from "D" to someother Driver letter for External DVD Drives

Apprentice

Hi All,

Procedures:

1. When I was using this "diskpart /s c:\windows\temp\diskpart.txt" command line under generalize mode,

diskpart.txt would contain:

select disk 0

select volume 0

assign letter = Z

It was working fine...The thing is Whatever machines have the Inbuilt DVD drive its automatically renaming from default DVD driver letter D: to Z: and I was getting only one partition like C: Drive as per my expectation.

2. Whatever Machines doesnt have the Inbuilt DVD drives,(In those machines we will be using USB DVD drives), It's automatically separate the C drive into C drive as OS files Partition and System reserved partition was assigned into drive letter Z:, It was giving the two partitions instead of Single partition like C: Drive Alone and it was assigning the some other drive letter for External DVD drive.

Clarification and How to do this for Procedure 2?

In this Case I need whenever we are using the External DVD drive it should assign that drive letter into Z: for that Particular External DVD drive... and I shouldnot get the two separate partitions in that same machine like C drive as OS files Partition and System reserved partition as Z:, In this case also I need Single Partition as C Drive alone, But the External DVD Drive Letter should be assigned to letter Z: whenever we are pluging into those machines.

Can you please help me in this regards,

Thanks and Regards,

Paramaguru