7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2011 12:56 PM by karenpeacock

How to get int16 type as counter in LDSD 7.4 WebDesk

Apprentice

How to get the Int16 data type as counter in the landesk service desk version 7.4 for the webdesk and also for the self service as now in ldsd 7.4 the selfservice is similar to webdesk so the int16 counter field is coming in text box on selfservice 7.4. Anyone knows which properties need to adjust to see that one as counter

• 1. Re: How to get int16 type as counter in LDSD 7.4 WebDesk
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

I think you mean int32 data types as these have the CreateIdentity persistence type available?  If so, then I think you may have found a new software issue.  Can you please raise a support case with your support provider so they can escalate this for Development to look into?

In the meantime, using a calculation should do the trick.  I have an article on this here but I just noticed a typo that will take a little while to go through the approval process so I am pasting the amended version of this below:

If you create an INT32 attribute on an object and set the persistance type of create identity it will automatically start to generate the next id for each new record created and saved.  However, this will count for all records created not for just those specific to the parent object.

For example, if you create a new collection called "internal discussions" on the incident object and add a new id attribute with the create identity persistance type:

Add an incident and 5 "internal discussion" records to it.  These will be numbered from 1 to 5 in the id.

Add another incident and add 5 "internal discussion" records to it.  These will be numbered from 6 to 10 in the id.

If you want the count to be specific to each parent object created i.e. in the example above the second incident to have "internal discussion" records numbered 1 to 5 then you can do this from version 7.3 by creating a calculation.  The counter or id will show as soon as the window has been saved.

The steps required are:

1.  Create a new int32 attribute on the collection
          2.  Do NOT give it the persistence type of Create Identity.
          3.  Set the Calculation Type on the attribute to BeforeSave.
          4.  Set the Calculation formula to:
          import System
          static def GetAttributeValue(_ObjectName):
          Value= _ObjectName._ParentObjectName._CollectionName.Count

return Value

For example if you wanted to have a counter on the With 3rd Party collection which is on the Incident object:
          import System
          static def GetAttributeValue(_With3rdParty):
          Value=  _With3rdParty._Incident._With3rdPartyCol.Count

return Value

PLEASE NOTE:  Case is important as parts of this is case sensative so if in doubt please drag the object in question onto the calculation.

5.  Untick the auto-detect dependencies tickbox and then drag in the parent object.  For example, on the example above the dependency will be _Incident.
          6.  Save the calculation attribute and add it to your collection window.
          7.  NOTE:  This will only start to generate for new collection records created as the calculation fires only when a NEW record is created and saved for the first time.

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: How to get int16 type as counter in LDSD 7.4 WebDesk
            Apprentice
            Hi Karen,
            Well I think our discussion is diverted in other way.
            I need to know that how can I make same counter type box which is shown in Image "Console_Counter" into "SelfService_Counter" Image.
            Please Let me know ... I have attached 2 screenshots
            Thanks,
            Mohit
            • 3. Re: How to get int16 type as counter in LDSD 7.4 WebDesk

Hi

Sorry I had gone off at a tangent!  I thought when you said counter you meant an attribute that automatically counted up with each record created.

So I think that your point is that the Web Access control doesn't have the same arrows to allow you to increase and decrease the number?  I'm afraid that this functionality hasn't been implemented in Web Access so there isn't a way to achieve this.

Best wishes

Karen

• 4. Re: How to get int16 type as counter in LDSD 7.4 WebDesk
                Apprentice

ok thanks karen I will log case regarding that to make avaiable in web Access.

Moreover I need to know I here did the telephony integration and by which when Incident Log or assigned Analyst recived sms. But they are not getting SMS when task assigned . Can you do let me know how it can be achieved

Thanks,

Mohit

• 5. Re: How to get int16 type as counter in LDSD 7.4 WebDesk
                  Apprentice

Hi Karen,

I have sorted out the Task SMS query as this is related to the third party Application.

Thanks,

Mohit

• 6. Re: How to get int16 type as counter in LDSD 7.4 WebDesk
                    Apprentice

Hi Karen,

Can you let me about the work around for the freezing problem of console. As Sometime when analyst able to open inicidents or switch dashboard the console freeze for 15-20 secs. or while save & close it took 15 secs and some time more time. Can you let me know its root cause... & resolution....

Thanks,

Mohit

• 7. Re: How to get int16 type as counter in LDSD 7.4 WebDesk

Hi

I'm afraid this could have many causes.  Please log this with support and supply as much information as you can provide - such as frequency, if this happens at busiest periods, does it affect all users, can it be replicated on a test environment / if you get a copy of the database, etc..

Best wishes

Karen