3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2011 6:32 PM by mrspike

LDMS 9 SP2 - ALL PATCHES FAILED (412)

Rookie

Guys,

I initiated a task to install the latest version of Adobe Flash on all systems (145).

The task failed for about 80 machines with ALL PATCHES FAILED and an error code of 412. A log of one of the failed machines is as follows:

Verifying device ID with core XXX-CORE-01
           Done
      Updating settings
           Done
      Sending current settings information to core
           Done
           Waiting
           Done
      Checking for updates on core XXX-CORE-01
           Done
      Getting definition data from core XXX-CORE-01
           Done
      Current Definition ID: FLASHPLAYERv10.3.181.26
      FLASHPLAYERv10.3.181.26 detected
      Current Definition ID: FLASHPLAYERPLUGINv10.3.181.26
           Done
      Sending scan results to core XXX-CORE-01
           Done
      Getting list of patches
           Done.  1 patches were found
      Running patch install_flash_player_10_active_x_10.3.181.26.exe
      Installing patch 1 out of 1 patches
           Failed
           Done

As you can see, the file has been downloaded to the system from the core (even though, it should have pulled it from the preferred server) but fails when trying to install it....I investigated a few of the failed machines and saw the latest flash file was present in the SDMCACHE folder of the client machine. Upon double clicking it, the player installed fine. On other machines, the latest version was ALREADY fully installed and functional.

Now here is something totally confusing. Machine X reported as failed in LANDesk. When navigating to the flash homepage through IE from X, the pages states I have an older version of Flash. When navigating to the same URL through FireFox, it says I have the latest version installed (same one I pushed via LANDesk).

Any ideas why the file is failing to install by LANDesk or being reported as a failure when in fact it is already on the system.

Thanks,