8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2011 8:29 PM by rayjen0919

Capture WinXP with ImageW2

Apprentice

Dear All,

My version is LDMS 9.0 SP2 with OSD patch.

The PXE server is ready and the WINPE can be bootup BUT when I click the capture script in PXE boot list.

after several cmd flashed and nothings happen. the Capture screen have not appear.

Is my sysprep setting got mistake?

After copy the sysprep folder to target machine C:\

then run create the sysprep.ini and run sysprep with option FACTORY and mini-setup. after PC Shutdown, restart and bootup PC to PXE WINPE.

or am I choose option RESEAL and mini setup??

Any advise?

For Win7, only enter "sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown" with same method for capturing is OK!

tks,

Ray

• 1. Re: Capture WinXP with ImageW2
          LANDeskWizrd SSMMVPGroup

Just from the way I have done it in the past, I have alwasy done reseal and mini setup. I have never used Factory. I don't know if choosing either or will stop the image from capturing since the imagew2 probably doesn't know or care either way. One thing I would check is to make sure that the directory to store the image and the directory to imagew2 are accessible. You may not have access or its not mapping the locations correctly.

• 2. Re: Capture WinXP with ImageW2
            EMiranda Expert

LANDeskWizrd wrote:

One thing I would check is to make sure that the directory to store the image and the directory to imagew2 are accessible. You may not have access or its not mapping the locations correctly.

I agree with more on this, you are just capturing the image.  even if your image was completly messed up, you wouldnt see the problems during the capture stage, it would show on the deploy stage.   If you are clicking the PXE menu item and nothing is happening, check your paths and make sure LANDesk has access to run the rest of the script.  There are OSD logs in your \\coreserver\ldlog folder that may be helpful as well too.

• 3. Re: Capture WinXP with ImageW2
              Apprentice

TKS both of you.

I've deleted the capture script and build a new one with same setting and succeed finally.

HOWEVER, this time I cannot restore the image regularly after the restore screen is finished.

The main problem is the WINXP cannot be bootup and keep black screen.

Pls help.

Ray

• 4. Re: Capture WinXP with ImageW2
                Apprentice

My problem occur again.

I cannot capture the image from Win7 again.

Every setting is okay for my previous capture and deployments.

However, I've failed to capture once, then I remove the PXE and redeploy it again to my PXE server.

and recreate the capture script. I'm sure that the capture path and imagew can be access by my account.

The WinPE can be boot up and after I select my capture script in PXE menu, the capture script seems have not run...

The screen STOP with no reason.

Please kindly help. thanks!

Ray

• 5. Re: Capture WinXP with ImageW2
                  EMiranda Expert

I have has similar events when a menu item is pressed, nothing happens.  In those rare occurance it was usually a test machine that I had imaged over and over and over again. What i had to do was find that inventory record in LANDesk, but not by the hostname. I did it by MAC address and found that there was multiple entries for the same MAC address, i deleted them all from LANDesk and rebooted the client machine and tried imaging again and then it kicked off fine.

Its worth a shot to check the inventory by MAC address and see if you see multiple or entries, even if you just fine one, try deleting and starting over again.

• 6. Re: Capture WinXP with ImageW2
                    Apprentice

Thanks! EMiranda,

You mean the network card MAC Address, right?

Ray

• 7. Re: Capture WinXP with ImageW2
                      EMiranda Expert

Correct, I just create a query by searching the last 4 of the MAC address, like this:

Screenshot.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Capture WinXP with ImageW2
                        Apprentice

It's solved!!

Your idea is great!

Thanks, EMiranda.