2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2011 8:41 AM by JulianWigman

Inbound Emails not auto creating call

Rookie

When logging calls via the "web portal", these calls are not automatically getting turned into an incident.

I have turned full logging on and this dosen't show any strange errors, I just get

Processing Inbox for server name xxxxxx.premierfoods.co.uk, user name Touchpaper In.

Nothing else after this, even though there are calls in that e-mail box. I have tested the connection in mailmanager and it connects succesfully. This always used to work fine stopped about 2/3 days ago, and as far as I'm aware no-one has been playing with the process.

Thanks in advance...going mad!

Regards

J

• 1. Re: Inbound Emails not auto creating call
          Rookie

Fixed this, if anyone else is having the same problems..............

I logged into the inbound mailbox and moved all of the emails into a temporary e-mail folder, this then free'd everything up and the system started working as expected again.

I'm guessing that a mail had a dodgy character in the body which was blocking this causing a domino effect. Sure there's probably a SQL script to run against the database to narrow down which mail is causing the problem, but I couldn't find it so have just moved all of the e-mails out.

Hope it helps anyway

Regards

J!

• 2. Re: Inbound Emails not auto creating call
            JulianWigman Expert

I've seen problems like this in the past with a "dodgy" charactor somewhere secreted in the mail body text.  In my case it was a special char in the signature block of the email in a very small font.  Took some tracking down I can tell you!