4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 2:25 PM by dynamozappa

Disabling Task Queueing

Rookie

I am having a huge problem with packages that need a reboot going into waiting status with a result of "Task Queued at client for execution" or the package will get stuck in pending status.  I have done some poking around the forum and there are posts about MCP324 which adds the ability to disable task queueing.  When will this become available?  This problem is causing a big issue with my package distributions as well as my software distribution policies completing.

• 1. Re: Disabling Task Queueing
          zman Master

I think you are referring to http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-22922 These are still being tested and not publicly available on the community, however, if you call support they will provide you with the MCP.

• 2. Re: Disabling Task Queueing
            Apprentice

@Julie - i hear you loud and clear, we have had the same frustrations with task queueing also.  the patch to disable this function only gives you the ability to disable on a per package basis, no global disable.  so if you have a lot of packages and want this turned off completely (our desire) then you'll need to install the patch and get started on the manual disable of packages.  also there is risk that the mcp patch will break something else in the console (as we have experienced more than once).

• 3. Re: Disabling Task Queueing
              Rookie

This is really starting to get on my nerves.  I am trying to put together software policies to make machine configs easier, and due to the queueing, the policies just sit there.  Rebooting does not help, and I am really starting to get annoyed. 

@Rob - I know what you mean about the patch.  I am a little hesitant about applying it, but at this point, I need my packages to run and if I have to go in and manually configure each package, I will.

• 4. Re: Disabling Task Queueing
                dynamozappa Apprentice

Julie,

Did you ever get an answer to this?

thanks.