8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2011 2:36 PM by aparker

Service Description/Details

Rookie

I'm trying to populate this field with text giving a brief description of the item,but cannot find the correct window/template to prepopulate it in. I've put the window screenshots in the attachment. I've looked in the business objects to make sure they are viewable under description, looked at the templates and windows, and still cannot find where to make the entry.

• 1. Re: Service Description/Details
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

I am assuming that if you were logged in to web access as the same user as in console you would see the text displayed ok and if you change the service title as a test this change is displayed ok?  (Just checking you aren't point at two different databases whilst you test this)

If so, the screens you are showing are of the service itself rather than the service catalogue results so this is most likely a window design issue.  Have you looked at the window manager - view rules to ascertain what window the end user is seeing?  It is most likely that the window doesn't have the right field it so compare this to attribute on the service window that you are seeing in console.

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Service Description/Details
            Rookie

The user in the console has the analyst role and the user in service catalogue is a test end user account. We only have one DB. I'll take a look at the windows rules views.

• 3. Re: Service Description/Details
              Rookie

I found where that window is, but not sure how or where to edit it. It is in Asset Management\Service\EndUserServiceDescription. It is separate window that appears if the image icon or yellow panel are clicked. The Request Service button is in the far right side that brings up Service Request window. All I'm looking to do is provide a description of the service and that completing the request will require supervisor/management approval.

• 4. Re: Service Description/Details

Hi

Hopefully nearly there then!  On the first document that you posted the second screenshot shows you logged into console as an Analyst in the Tech Support group.  This is the right place to be editing this information.  I believe that you need to add the EndUserServiceDescription attribute onto this window (via Window Manager) and then save it.  Then when you go back into editing your Service you should be able to edit the text as required.

Best wishes

Karen

• 5. Re: Service Description/Details
                  Apprentice

It looks you are most likely using copy rules when selecting an item from the Service Catalogue.  If you are trying to populate details from an item you have selected where the information comes from another table this will need to be enabled and created.

• 6. Re: Service Description/Details
                    aparker Employee

I think you are gettting confused between the description that is linked to the service CI itself which is displayed as part of the main catalogue listing and the description field which is linked to the request process. If you want the description field of the request process to be populated with some helpful text when an end user makes the request, you will have to create a template and link it to the service CI as you do with the process. Alternately, you can modify the request window to show the Service Description as a related field when raising the request.

Andy

• 7. Re: Service Description/Details

I thought it was the service CI screen that's being shown on the first screenshot you gave us due to the "request service" action being available.  I think it's quite difficult to second guess how your design is setup on the forum, so if none of the advice we have given so far helps I think it might be advisable to raise a support case with your local support provider and then you can be talked through this step by step until you become more familiar with window manager.

Best wishes

Karen

• 8. Re: Service Description/Details
                        aparker Employee

Actually, Karen is right. It's the end user version of the Service CI screen that probably hasn't been updated to change the attribute that needs to be displayed. What does your catalogue look like?

Andy