8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2008 11:31 AM by RickDavie

Management Gateway -  Connection link not successful. Status 404

Rookie

Hi,

I have experienced this error in a connection test. I troubleshooted the management gateway step by step using the the Comprehensive guide and the connecton should work fine.

Have you seen this error before?

Thanks

Alessandro

• 1. Re: Management Gateway -  Connection link not successful. Status 404
          technobabble Apprentice

Please repost or reply with a screenshot of the error. This one is cutoff and hard to see.

Thanks

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Management Gateway -  Connection link not successful. Status 404
            Rookie

Please find below the text with log errors

36:26.046   Using certificate file C:\Program Files\LANDesk\Shared Files\cbaroot\broker\broker.crt and keyfile C:\Program Files\LANDesk\Shared Files\cbaroot\broker\broker.key

36:26.046   Certificate/key loaded.  Certificate file "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\Shared Files\cbaroot\broker\broker.crt".  Key file "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\Shared Files\cbaroot\broker\broker.key"

36:26.046   Attempting managment gateway connection at host  and address ldgateway.izs.it

36:26.046   Starting HTTPS session with host ldgateway.izs.it, proxy "", and proxy user ""

36:26.093   Connecting to address 88.38.83.35

36:26.625   Waiting for link connection to core through managment gateway

36:26.625   Begining link request

36:26.640   HTTPS Request: POST /services/link

36:26.640   Waiting for match response

36:26.640   Waiting for HTTPS response

36:31.703   HTTPS response finished status 404 description Not Found

36:31.750   Connection link not successful.  Status 404

Thanks

Alessandro

• 3. Re: Management Gateway -  Connection link not successful. Status 404
              Expert

It appears that the machine cannot find the gateway. Try turning off the Firewall. (I can't ping your public address) I also am unable to resolve 88.38.83.35 to ldgateway.izs.it so looks like you might have a Name resolution issue too.

• 4. Re: Management Gateway -  Connection link not successful. Status 404
                CraigMiddelstadt Master

In this screenshot, I do not see that you have a user name and password entered.  The use that needs to be used is a user that is in the LANDesk Management Suite group on the core server.

Some things to check.

On the Core, did you go to Configure Management gateway and post the certificate to the gateway?

On the client in the C:\Program File\LANDesk\Shared Files\cbaroot\certs, does the existing .0 (Hash file) contain the BrokerIP and BrokerHost information?  If not, then copy the .0 file from the core that has this info to the client.

Did you specify the IP Address or Name of the core server for the client when it was installed?  To see what is currently set, check the registry on the client:  HKLM\Software\Inte\LANDesk\LDWM\ CoreServer String value.  Using an IP Address in this field is not supported through the gateway.

When looking at the certificate for 88.38.83.35, it does not currently have this IP address in the Additional Host names section and this is a MUST for the clients to work through the gateway.

Log into the Admin Console (https://ldgateway.izs.it/gsb) and go to the Gateway Service Section and add the public IP Address "88.38.83.35" to the Additional host names section and click Save.

I hope this helps you.

Craig Middelstadt

• 5. Re: Management Gateway -  Connection link not successful. Status 404
                  Rookie

Maybe you are right...

I will explain the name situation. If you ask for ldgateway.izs.it DNS resolve fine, but if you try to make an inverse request this doesn't work,

what i mean is that the dns request and the inverse one are not symmetrical. xxx.company.com -> 23.23.4.5 -> zzz.isp.net instead of xxx.company.com -> 23.23.4.5 -> xxx.company.com

Does core server, when i post a certtificate, ask for the name of public ip ? if yes, no dns will answer in right way because there is no inv in dns configuration.

Infact what i see is that the link below post button, in landesk console, does not contain fqdn but the ip address.

Is it right? If no, is it possible to find a workaround or the only way is to set dns up?

Thanks

Alessandro

• 6. Re: Management Gateway -  Connection link not successful. Status 404
                    Expert

THat Address always uses the Internal IP address to formulate, but has no correlation to the client or how it will request a cert. I think you need to make the changes that Craig suggests above, this is obviously a missing configuration item and so may resolve the biggest part of the problem... I always find it useful for troubleshooting to turn off the firewall so that you can ping the gateway from the client as well.

• 7. Re: Management Gateway -  Connection link not successful. Status 404
                      Rookie

i performed what Craig wrote with no result. The public ip is not the ip of management gw nic. There is a firewall between. As you can see you can telnet 443 and 80 port from the ouside and from the inside core and gw belong to the same subnet and firewall services on gateway is disable.

Any idea?

Thanks

Alessandro

• 8. Re: Management Gateway -  Connection link not successful. Status 404
                        Expert

So two things...

1. When I do a ping -a to your public IP address it resolves to this: host35-83-static.38-88-b.business.telecomitalia.it I think this could be an issue with Agent Communication for the certificate.

2. You need use a LANDesk account credentials hit send then post your Proxyhost.log file here.

When it works you should have something like this:

2008-03-10 17:28:29(456-2896) proxyhost.exe:127.0.0.1:2674 - - "POST http://servername/landesk/managementsuite/core/core.secure/BrokerCertificateRequest.asmx HTTP/1.1" 200 1545 2259