I'm trying to work out the best way to populate the Create Change window from the main Incident window to save on typing time.
Ideally I would like to copy across the Asset title primarily and probably some other bits.
I've tried the following so far
1) Object Copy - no joy as it's on a collection
2) placeholders - the original was an optional action and that wouldn't work
3) Dummy change window on the incident object and then use an automatic action to copy the data across - as per this from Andy http://community.landesk.com/support/message/50625?tstart=-29
No 3 seems to be the way to go and here's what I've done so far:
1) Created a new manual Action that allows a window association, on the Incident process
2) Created an automatic action on the change collection from Incident
3) Added the 2 actions to the Incident Process from the Open status and then back to Open
1) How can I assoociate the manual action with a new window other than the default one of that object (incident in this case)
2) I don't seem to be be able to get the placeholders to pull through any details, the plalceholders come through as they have been typed in (see screen shot)