3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2011 11:04 AM by Ian

Enter e-mail address for AD user in RBA ..but where?

ProServices

Hi,

I may just be missing the blindingly obvious here, but I don't seem to be able to enter the e-mail address for a user from AD in the User Management GUI. I can hack the ConsoleUser table .. and that works fine.. but im sure there must be a GUI option. I'm looking at a LDMS 9.0 SP2 + MCP server, and in RBA the option is always grayed out. Does anyone else see this ? I'm not looking for a solution, although that would be nice, this is more of a sanity check :-) I want to e-mail reports on a schedule.

Regards

Ian

• 1. Re: Enter e-mail address for AD user in RBA ..but where?
          egarlepp Employee

The email address is pulled in from the AD.  Those systems that are connected or established via an AD account will only pull the email from the AD.  If it is a local account then you can manually enter the email address.

I believe you could also go into SQL and enter an email address for those AD connected systems without an email address.. but i haven't tried it.  Worth a shot though...

And yes i do see the same thing.. :-)

• 2. Re: Enter e-mail address for AD user in RBA ..but where?
            Catalysttgj Expert

We were just fooling with same thing today! All we had to do was add the email address in the AD account and it seemed to pick it right up in a scheduled report task, and as EricG confirmed, we see it the same way in RBA as well, just grayed out.

• 3. Re: Enter e-mail address for AD user in RBA ..but where?
              ProServices

Hi,

Just to close my own thread - I was unlucky that non of the AD users I added had e-mail addresses (they were admin accounts - e-mail goes the their "normal" accounts !) - So yes - if there is an address in AD it gets picked up and inserted - if there is no e-mail address you have to go into the DB and enter it directly, which works fine. I will open an ER to get the option to manually enter, or re-enter, an address through the UI.

Regards

Ian