3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2011 6:48 AM by karenpeacock

Knowledge search returns articles from wrong domains

Shashi_V Apprentice

I’m certain I’m doing something glaringly obvious wrong but cannot see what it is.

Using Knowledge Management, articles have been created and approved and available to search. I have set up 2 knowledge domains (analyst and customer) and set the groups to the appropriate domains. Articles have also been set to either one of those domains The fields on the windows have the Invoke Search Onset to LoseFocus  = True

Within console, when we try it, it returns results of articles from both domains. This happens when trying as an analyst or a customer. (The search doesn't even appear to be working within webaccess on losefocus but does work when a search is done from the Search box but i'll come back to that after the search works correctly from console)

What have I missed???

Any help appreciated

Shashi

• 1. Re: Knowledge search returns articles from wrong domains
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hello there

You need to be licenced for Active Knowledge for the knowledge domains to work.  This can be checked by looking in the Licence component.  If you are on version 7.4 you are automatically upgraded to have Active Knowledge but I have seen on occasions that this has been forgotten off the licence key.

Automatic background searching isn't a feature of Web Access currently.  There is another function called Autosearch which will automatically invoke a search as a part of the process design.  There are details on this in the 74 New Features Guide.

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Knowledge search returns articles from wrong domains
            Shashi_V Apprentice

Karen,

Thanks for your reply.

We are currently on version 7.4 and confirmed on the Licence component that we are licensed for it.

Thanks

Shashi

• 3. Re: Knowledge search returns articles from wrong domains
              karenpeacock SupportEmployee

If you hadn't set the domains correctly to the groups you would expect the articles to not show at all.  Has the knowledge had a rebuild since you implemented the domains?  Verify that his has gone through correctly by checking in Knowledge Administration - Queue Entries that no rebuilds are still pending.

If there are none pending, would it be possible to supply screenshots of:

• An article with a domain.
              • A group showing which knowledge domains you've allocated to it.
              • The search results showing the whole screen.

If you don't want to post these details then you may need to raise a support case with your support team.

Best wishes

Karen