5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2011 3:21 PM by EMiranda

How to deploy a SO on many computers?

Apprentice

Hello.

I have captured the image *.TBI and Deployed It in a computer.

I uded PXE boot and then F8 and selected the PE menu.

Now I want to do this for 20 computer and my questions are:

1.- Do I have to those steps (Boot PXE, press F8 ...) for each computer?

2.- Can I set up my *.TBI like a distribution  package and Deploy it in one time to the 20 computer? I tried to do this but I cant because there is no opcion, I see just New MSI, SWD, Batch, Linux, etc Package. so I think this is not the way because it is about package

3.- I tried to Schedule my Operate System Deployment  and then I tried to drag my Unmanaged Device Discovery but I couldnt, its no enabled.

Please I would like to know the best way to deploy my OS on thos 20 computer.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: How to deploy a SO on many computers?
          LANDeskWizrd SSMMVPGroup

You can pxe them all and follow the same process but that would take you manually going and doing it.  You can't drag unmanage machines into an OSD task because they are not managed by LANDesk. Only thing I can think of is to add them in the "Bare Metal Server" group but that would require knowing all the MAC addresses, Serial Numbers, IPMI GUID, or Intel vPro GUID of the machines and adding them. I haven't tried that before but I think you can then drag them from there into an OSD job.

• 2. Re: How to deploy a SO on many computers?
            Apprentice

Thak you.

I got the MAC address and put in "Bare Metal Server" and now is working but with some problems

I have a PXE boot menu and when I reboot the computer in PXE mode I see the counter (to press F8)

but I dont want to use it so I go to my core server and DRAG the whole list in "Bare Metal Server" to my scheduled and select START NOW.

But i got errors so I have to press START NOW just after the counter finish and then Ii start to deploy the image. It is kind of weird I will try getting  the "PXE Boot menu" off.

Thank you.

• 3. Re: How to deploy a SO on many computers?
              EMiranda Expert

If you go on your PXE Server and open:

C:\Program Files\LANDesk\PXE\System\PxeConfig.exe

Right-Click proxyDHCP Server

go to Client Options Tab

In the Global Bootserver Menu Prompt you can manipulate the timer settings for the F8 Prompt.

This may help you if you are having problems with that timer...

• 4. Re: How to deploy a SO on many computers?
                Apprentice

Now it is working good. I tried again. My server was very slow , this is a test server so it is no the best and I can deploy just a few computers.

I manage the timer in Configure -> Services -> Tab "OS Deployment" ->Timeout

is it the same?

Thank you

• 5. Re: How to deploy a SO on many computers?
                  EMiranda Expert

Yes they are the same setting