2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2011 1:17 PM by ksmith1413

File is not in cache

Rookie

Hello All,

I am currently trying to push Office 2007 out to a couple computers in our environment and the job continues to fail. When I look at the log for the computer(s) that fails I see this in the logs:

Tue, 02 Aug 2011 16:03:21 File (\\servername\software$\Microsoft\Office Products\MS Office 2007\Office 2k7 Stnd\setup.exe) is not in cache
      Tue, 02 Aug 2011 16:03:23 processing of package is complete, result -2147467259 (0x80004005 - code 16389)

Is there something I need to clear or add in order for this job to complete successfully? I feel like I configured everything correctly (I followed a guide) but it sounds like I missed something.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this/help out!

• 1. Re: File is not in cache
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

I would start off first by going to your software package and remove "all additional files" and then re-add them, save it.

Now right click on the package and reset the hash.

If you are not zipping the files, etc, this can take 30 - 40 minutes to reset the hash on all files and I have been unable to find a way to tell when it is actually done.

You might want to see this thread, on page two I have listed exactly how I am deploying Office 2010

http://community.landesk.com/support/thread/11924?start=15&tstart=0

• 2. Re: File is not in cache
            Rookie

Hey James,

Thank you for the reply. Right clicking the package and selecting reset hash happened to fix my deployment of Office 2007. I also checked out your thread on how you deployed 2010. I plan on modifying my script to match what you ended up doing since zipping the files seems to be better than having the individual files.

Thanks again for your help!