2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2015 10:06 AM by karenpeacock

Knowledge Article Approvers

JulianWigman Expert

OK so I'm a tad confused.

What's the best practice for involving approvers of Knowledge articles given there is now concept of assignments or reminders in the knowledge article process.

How do we alert them to something they need to approve other than by queries on status and via shortcuts and dashboards?

Seems to be a glaring hole in the Articles process that assignments and reminders are missing?

Julian

• 1. Re: Knowledge Article Approvers
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi Julian

Most customers seem to drive this by queries and scheduled reports looking at the status of the article process.  I do agree that it would be really useful to be able to create assignments and reminders within knowledge articles.  There is an ER raised for this which you've already found:

http://community.landesk.com/support/ideas/1226

You can create a collection object on article called something like "article assignment" with a relationship to the user and status plus an action to create an "article assignment" record when in an article then select the user and status.  This could then be used to query against.

I also believe that in some instances customers have created a one to many relationship between article and a task object that they aren't using (perhaps Call Task?) and then they can customise the Task process for that object to include the assignments and notifications that they want.

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Knowledge Article Approvers
            karenpeacock SupportEmployee

I just wanted to direct any future visitors to have a look at this workaround:How to add notifications to your article process.