2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2011 7:28 AM by mitchella

Query Soft-Deleted Items

Apprentice

Does anyone know if it's possible to query soft-deleted items to find items in the DB that have been deleted? When setting up a query on an object that can be soft-deleted, the attribute for "Soft-Deletion" is there but when you use it as a criteria and set it to true, nothing comes up. It would be useful to be able to query these and run bulk-actions on things to either undelete items or to edit certain parts of it.

The reason I ask is that end users when deleted sometimes come back and get assigned the same username so they need to be undeleted. Currently the only way is by script. Even if it were not possible to restore deleted items this way (due to other linked objects), we could edit the IsName attribute using a bulk action so that we could import the user again.

If there is a way of doing this I would be grateful to know as presently the only way I can think of is to edit the DB directly and I don't think that should be necessary in this instance.

Many Thanks,

Anthony Mitchell

• 1. Re: Query Soft-Deleted Items
          Jenny.Lardh SupportEmployee

Hi Anthony,

When you modify your Query, on the "General" page, there will be a tick box called: "Include soft deleted records". If you tick this then you will be able to see everything that has been softdeleted on that Object.

Kind Regards,

Jenny

• 2. Re: Query Soft-Deleted Items
            Apprentice

Thanks for that Jenny, do you know if there is a way to edit deleted objects using the bulk action editor? It says deleted objects cannot be modified. If not no problem as it will be rare that it's needed but it's more helpful to do it using the bulk-action or opening the object and saving than to use SQL.

Tony