8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 2:19 PM by karenpeacock

Incident stuck on AMO

neil_p1000 Apprentice

Hi all

We have a few Incidents that are stuck on AMO and cannot be closed. These Incidents were attached to a problem and then detached as could be closed but they didnt allow the problem to reach a stage of Known Error or Root Cause Known which would allow any Incidents attached to gain further actions such as resolve.

Is there a way to add to the process to allow detached Incidents further actions or is it a case of educating analysts not to detach Incidents from a problem until it has reached the desired Status?

Thanks
      Neil

• 1. Re: Incident stuck on AMO
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

You should be able to add in additional actions to your incident process to allow these to progress.  If you can post the relevant part of your process we might be able to give you a few pointers to try out on your test system.

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Incident stuck on AMO
            neil_p1000 Apprentice

Hi Karen

I have attached our process for both Incident and problem. It would be great if there is a way to add an action to allow Incidents to be resolved if they are detached from a problem as we now have a few calls which are basically stuck on AMO. If you need any further info please let me know.

• 3. Re: Incident stuck on AMO

Hi Neil

I wonder if the issue is that the "Problem Identified Now" condition was never met?  We could perhaps have a look at this condition.

Alternatively I think we could look at perhaps having another manual action that takes you from the "Awaiting Problem" status back up to the "Assigned to Analyst" status.  Then you could perhaps only give the privilege for this action to a few managers or admins of the system.

Best wishes

Karen

• 4. Re: Incident stuck on AMO
                aparker Employee

Hi Neil,

I have a couple of comments on this. First, I think you probably need some manual action at that status that wil allow Incidents to be moved away, but I would probably give that action some privilege so it can only be executed by certain people. Second, and maybe more important is really the question about why you detach Incidents from Problems? If there is genuinely no relationship between the Incident and the Problem then I can see that, but from a reporting and analysis perspective I would want all my Incidents that have been linked to a problem remain linked. I see it as an important part of Problem reporting to show how much disruption was caused related to a problem.

Just a thought.

Andy

• 5. Re: Incident stuck on AMO
                  neil_p1000 Apprentice

We are now looking at putting in another manual action (priviliged to admins) but for the life of me I cannot remeber how to actually privilege out an action in a process.

Can you help, direct me in the right direction

tahnks

NEil

• 6. Re: Incident stuck on AMO

Hi

As always, please ensure you try out these changes on a test environment first before putting it live.

You cannot easily privilege an action within one part of the process if users have access to the same action in another part of the process.  However if you create a new windowless action called, for example "Go back" in the incident section in process designer, you will find that this appears in privileges (Administration - Roles - locate the role under Analyst then click Privileges) under Modules - Incident Management - Process Related Objects - Incident and then the privileges display in alphabetical order in here.  You would then add this into the process as a manual action and then could perhaps follow this with an automatic action such as "add note" which fills in the user who ran the "go back" action and the title with the action that they've run.

If you wanted to collect this information in a different collection object then there are some more steps involved to create a new object to hold the data for this action, a new window, relate it to incident, create an action, etc..  This is probably a better solution depending on what you want to be able to report on later.  Here's an example article showing the basic steps needed to do this:  http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-21996

Best wishes,

Karen

• 7. Re: Incident stuck on AMO
                      neil_p1000 Apprentice

Hi Karen

Dont know if you can help further, I managed to put another action into the process called go back which allows the calls stuck in AMO to be resolved. The only problem is that when new Incidents are attached to a problem now and the problem hits the correct status it doesnt automatically move the incident on and you get the go back option. Is this something Im doing wronge

The precondition for this is as follows - import System

static def GetAttributeValue(Incident):
                      Value = 'True'
                      for item in Incident.IncidentProblems:
                        if item.Problem.Status.Title != 'Closed' and item.Problem.Status.Title != 'Known Error' and item.Problem.Status.Title != 'Resolved' and item.Problem.Status.Title != 'Rejected':
                         Value = 'False'
                      return Value

And the process is attached

• 8. Re: Incident stuck on AMO

Hi

I can't see anything that stands out on your calculation - maybe someone else might spot something I can't.  There is some general troubleshooting advice in this document under Testing the Calculation Logic which I think might be a good idea to try out.  You can then see if the boolean flag gets ticked when you expect it to:

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-6472

Best wishes

Karen