2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2011 2:09 PM by nesdog

Problem pushing package to Windows 7

Apprentice

Hi,

I have a chained package that installs perfectly to XP clients but fails on Windows 7.

The package chain is oracle client (bat) -> GIS software (msi) -> custom made MSI

So i configured the oracle client as dependant package of our GIS software and put the GIS soft as dependant package of my MSI.

When i roll this out to XP computers everthing works great, but all my Win 7 clients fail this task.

I pasted the log file below. As far as i can tell, the oracle client fails but when i try to run the bat file as local system, the install works flawlessly.

One of the first commands in the bat file is used to extract a zip file to c:\temp but even that does not get executed, wich leads me to believe the bat doesn't even start.

Can anyone shed some (more) light on this please? :-)

Thank you

Jo

ps: LANDesk 9.0 SP2

Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:54:48 processing package 'GTech 10.1.1 (x86)' 2 of 3 total packages
      Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:55:42 processing package 'GTech VMW 1.0.8 Install' 3 of 3 total packages
      Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:55:42 ExpandEnvironmentVariables Result: /i /norestart /quiet
      Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:55:44 All dependent packages have been processed
      Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:55:44 processing of package is complete, result 229392397 (0x0dac400d - code 16397)
      Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:58:11 An error (-1918091262) occured installing package Oracle 11.2.0 Client Install
      Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:58:11 processing of package is complete, result -1918091262 (0x8dac4002 - code 16386)
        • 1. Re: Problem pushing package to Windows 7
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

A few things to try...

Run each package independently (No chaining, etc) and see if they work.

On your Win 7 Box, test the bat file using psexec (See http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-1645 )

Does it work there?

Permissions are tighter in Win 7, so it may not be able to create the c:\temp??

Also, in your .bat make sure you have "@ECHO ON" set, the user will not see anything, but this allows LANDesk to capture the output which you should find in the the 'data' folder in \ldclient

Also, best practice is to use variables in your .bat files, try using %TEMP% which will put use c:\windows\temp if ran as systems or in the users temp if ran as the user... if you wanted to force it to c:\windows\temp\ you could use %WINDIR%\TEMP\

Let us know what you find trying the above

• 2. Re: Problem pushing package to Windows 7
            Apprentice

Is UAC turned on on the target machines? Some of my packages failed because the installer looks for elevated rights. Try turning off UAC and see if that works.