4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 2:34 PM by Jamie Cannon

Using multiple Resolve actions as "Templates"

Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup

Scenario:

We have a team using the system who would like actions for resolving, for example, called  Resolve, Adding Printer, Benefits, Timesheet Rejection,Insurance, etc...  They want to be able to click on this "Action" and it send out an email related that will resolve the request for the specific action they choose.  So they will get an ticket, "How do I add a printer" and the tech assigns to himself and then clicks "Adding a Printer" action which pops up a window and will have the text pre-populated with how to add a printer.  The user gets the email with this information and then the ticket is auto closed.

Whew.. that being said.. would it be best for me to create a new object for each of these needed and make it an action so it has it's own window or is it possible to have multiple "Resolve" actions and just rename the text on them?

Thanks,

Jamie

• 1. Re: Using multiple Resolve actions as "Templates"
          dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

How about a category which holds all these standard resolutions and hold the resolution in the description.  Then pop this category on the resolution window and then copy the description of the catgeory to the resolution.  They then just resolve and click on the category to select the standard text?

• 2. Re: Using multiple Resolve actions as "Templates"
            aparker Employee

Hi Jamie,

Slight change to Dave's idea. Create an attribute against your resolution category that holds the content of the standard email that you want to send. Now modify your process such that after the analyst does a resolution an automactic Add Reminder action is carried you which includes the standard content from the category. You can also add a decision to test whether that category has an email response and also maybe modify the Add Reminder to also include some text generated by the analyst when the completed the Resolve action.

• 3. Re: Using multiple Resolve actions as "Templates"

These sound good.  I am just going to have something that will allow the Anlayst to modify the text if needed.

So there is a way to have them choose a category and then have the "Add Reminder" window for the category pop-up so they can adjust text if needed?

• 4. Re: Using multiple Resolve actions as "Templates"

I think I failed to mention we are talking about 20 different categories, each with their own specific "generic" email.

I'm thinking of just doing a decision to check which category they chose and fire off the reminder from that.  Then, I'll include like a "Notes" section in the reminder window which if they Analyst chooses to add text, we can just append to the reminder that goes out.

Does that sound like too much work?  I guess I'm not quite sure what you mean Andy by  "Create an attribute against your resolution category that holds the content of the standard email that you want to send. Now modify your process such that after the analyst does a resolution an automactic Add Reminder action is carried you which includes the standard content from the category."

I could just be reading it wrong.

Thanks guys!