2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2008 1:55 PM by atripka

How to check out how many PC are not using Office 2003 SP2

Rookie

Hi there

I would like to find out how many PCs in my company was not installed with Office 2003 SP2 because one of the patch for Outlook 2003 I am planning to apply need the PCs was patched with Office 2003 SP2 first. I am using LanDesk 8.6.100.62 with Windows XP Sp2. So I need to find out how many PCs are not using Office 2003 SP2. Please show me how to do so.

Your detailed advice will be highly appreciated in advance.

• 1. Re: How to check out how many PC are not using Office 2003 SP2
          Expert

This information should be easily queryable from the Software|Application Suites information in inventory. Which is gathered by the inventory scanner from Add Remove Programs on your clients. You will want to ensure that your inventory scans are up to date and recent and that software scans have been done recently on the clients, then just create a new query where O3K SP2 either exists or does not either way will tell you what you need to target your package.

• 2. Re: How to check out how many PC are not using Office 2003 SP2
            Apprentice

This came up on the old forums a long while back.

My response from the old forums:

This MS KB Article will tell you how to determine the Office 2003 Service pack.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821549/

I was able to determine the service pack using inventory by going to

Computer->Software->Application Suites->Application Suite->Microsoft Office Professional 2003

and checking the version property

The version should be 11.0.7969.0 as described in the Article.