1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 8, 2011 10:04 AM by mrspike

Question regarding patch application

Rookie

I was recently sent a link to "http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-22561" to resolve a problem we're having with Proxyhost.exe memory errors.  I was also told I had to apply sp2 to the core before I applied this patch.  My question is this, If I upgrade to SP2 I'll need to rollout a new client to all my registered systems, when I apply the patch to the new upgraded sp2 core, will this patch be in the new advanced agent I build after that?  If so, will rolling this out one time suffiice? Thanks for the clarification.

• 1. Re: Question regarding patch application
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

If you upgrade your core, you should always do a "rebuild all" on your clients by clicking on the green icon in the tool bar, plus you should (in my opinion) re-create your advance agent.  I do not use Advance Agents too often, so I could be off on this.

For all of you self contained .exe agent you might have created, you DO need to rebuild all of these and replace any old ones you have on shares, etc.

As for your current clients, you can use patch manager to push a patch to them to get them to SP2