3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2011 2:38 PM by dmshimself

Change User boolean from Incident window

Adam Wilden Expert

Hi,

Our Service Desk don't want to email both the addresses we no wstore against each user all the time - only when they need to send to the external one (pasword resets etc).

They've asked for a tickbox on the Incident Window to turn off "Email to all addresses" on demand.

Anyone know if there's a way to do this?  I can't see how I could read and write the value via the same attribute.

Thanks - Adam.

• 1. Re: Change User boolean from Incident window
          dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

I think you'd have to stop using that system feature and implement sending emails to as many email addresses as are specifying within the process itself.  You could then skip bits by looking at the proposed new on the incident each time.  A fair amount of work.

It might be feasible to ask the SI team to do some fiddling too, but there would be a cost involved no doubt :-(

• 2. Re: Change User boolean from Incident window
            Adam Wilden Expert

Thanks Dave - I thought as much.

But way too many statuses on our processes for me to contemlate this.  Already drowning in reminders! 

Basically they want to only respond to the secondary email if the request came in via that email, i.e just to respond to whatever email was used to log the call.  Does seem a fairly reasonable request.

They believe that most of our users will be annoyed if every email goes to both their personal and work address.

It's a shame that it works in the strange the way that it does as I suspect we'll be asked to remove the second address again and it's actually one of the things they've been screaming for for years!

Thanks again.

Cheers - Adam.

• 3. Re: Change User boolean from Incident window
              dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

Time for an ER I think Adam!