5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2011 7:15 AM by jasoncadman

Different assignment types on the same process

jasoncadman Expert

Hi All

This one has been hurting my head for a while now

I'm trying to allow methods of assigning an incident, one that will stop the clock and have some additional window information on the assienment window and on that will be a standard assignment window and not stop the clock

This was  basically what i was thinking but there can't be 2 add assignments, there is one as an optional action but I could take that off and use the process based action instead

Process Design V2.jpg

Any ideas?

Regards

Jason

• 1. Re: Different assignment types on the same process
          masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Jason,

you can build a completly new business object called "Assign with clock stop" for example. Add a title, group and user and if needed flags for emailing and create a window for that object. Add this action to your process as manuel (blue) action. After this action, you add the build in assignment action (green or grey). Now you can fill all the values in the built in assignment action with runtime values from your own object (even the mail flags). Its like "remote controlling" the original assignment action.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Christian

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Different assignment types on the same process
            jasoncadman Expert

Thanks Christian

I have 2 Incident Assigment objects. 1 in Process Assignment and 1 in Incident Management

The one in Incident Management seems to be the same as the one in Process Assignment

Should the new on be created in Process Assignment then? that seems to be where the main functionality lies. Hopefully it will then appear in Incident Management magically!?

Shame there isn't a copy and paste ;-)

Incident Assignment Objects.jpg

Thanks

Jason

• 3. Re: Different assignment types on the same process
              masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Jason,

If you create the business object in the process domain, it will be available to all other domains like change, problem, incident and so on. If you create this object in incident, it will only be available in inicdent processes.

Cheers

Christian

• 4. Re: Different assignment types on the same process
                jasoncadman Expert

I was hoping to be able to create the new assignment object in the Process domain under process assignment as that seems to be where alll the fuctionality lies. It would then  inherit the attributes and i could be sure that it would work the same way. (i hope!)

It doesn't appear to allow you to create new objects under the Process Assignment object though

• 5. Re: Different assignment types on the same process
                  jasoncadman Expert

I see what you're saying here and that would have worked well

My issue is slightly more involved as I'm using Resource Manager and that seems to put the additional fields that Resource Manager installs on the Assignment object.

I'll have to use the default add assignment action for the scheuled assignment that has the stop clock or don't stop clock decision. I'll then use the option that you suggest for the standard Add Assignment action. I have renamed the out of the box assignment to Add Scheduled Assignment

The other point is that all users will need to assign both types of calls