3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2011 12:47 PM by karenpeacock

Colour Attribute will not show in web

neil_p1000 Apprentice

Hi all

We currently have a dashboard set up for one of our 3rd party clients which has a query of all calls for there company i.e My Groups IPC. Within the client the colours show up fine when an escalation point is met but as for the web the colour does not show unless you add the attribute manually and then dissapears after a refresh.

Bit confused and this is important as we are asking all of our analysts to use webdesk as we have upgraded to 7.4 Service Desk and the visual colours were a big plus in prioritising calls

Any ideas would be grateful

Thnaks

Neil

• 1. Re: Colour Attribute will not show in web
          Apprentice

Hi Neil --

What I did was copy the queries that I use on my console dashboard and made a specific set for webdesk. With those queries, I added the colour attribute, checked "This is a color attribute" in the properties and made sure I had "Show Column" checked.

I believe for webdesk you need to have the colour column showing (it puts a colored circle next to the record instead of highlighting the whole record like the console does) so that's why I had to create a separate set for webdesk since I didn't want the colour column to actually show in the console

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Eric

• 2. Re: Colour Attribute will not show in web
            karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi Neil

When you say "the web the colour does not show unless you add the attribute manually and then dissapears after a refresh".  I wondered if you added the colour column on the fly to your query but then not saved the query?  You can save the query changes by right-clicking on the query shortcut in web desk and selecting to "replace shortcut with current page".  Does this help?

Best wishes

Karen

• 3. Re: Colour Attribute will not show in web
              karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Sorry just noticed that you said this was a dashboard.  I think that you would need to ensure the dashboard is in "Design Mode" (accessed from the drop-down in the top right) if you are making changes.

Best wishes

Karen

1 of 1 people found this helpful