I have a bit of an issue that I can't seem to resolve and need some help. I have searched all the "error 16389" posts in the LANDesk community and outside it, and have tried every combination of possible solution, but none seem to work.
I have a virutal test environment that I just setup. I am using Virtualbox as my environment.
- I have 2 XP 32-bit machines, 2 XP 64-bit machines, 2 Win7 64-bit machines, and a Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit) Server with LDMS 9 SP2 running on it.
- The virtual network is setup as a Workgroup (no, I do not want to make a domain in my VM), and all the machines are setup as HOST ONLY.
- My LDMS server has a static IP address, but all the other machines are getting their IP addresses from the DHCP environment of Virtualbox.
- The 32-bit machines are using the PCNET-PCI II network drivers, but the 64-bit machines won't work with it, so they are using the Intel Pro 1000 MT Desktop network drivers.
I can push the LANDesk agent to every machine, 32-bit and 64-bit. I can remote control every machine from the LDMS Console, run an inventory, etc. And I can push software packages to the 32-bit OS's, but I CANNOT get any software package to push to the 64-bit OS's (yes, they are 64-bit compatible softwares). I can see the communication happening between the LDMS server and the 64-bit machine I'm pushing to by watching the 'Network Activity' indicators on both VM's, and I see the first handshake, then the last, after which the install will fail with the 16389 error.
I have done the following:
- Disabled the firewall.
- Disabled UAC, both through the GUI and through the registry hack seperately, just to be sure.
- Disabled 'Simple File Sahring'.
- Removed any anti-virus softwares.
- Verified root level hidden file share (C$), and manually set other file shares.
- Changed the installation packages from 'LocalSystem' to 'Current User's' accounts.
- Reset package hashes and recreated scheduled tasks.
- Rebuilt the packages from scratch.
- Changed the LANDesk Management Agent service from LocalSystem to an Administrator account.
- Set every variation of alternate logon account credentials in the LDMS Scheduler on the LDMS machine.
After attempting to push a software to a machine, the local event log on the 64-bit machines show that the push signaled an open state of the LD Service, then a close state - no errors.
I have launched a Command Prompt as an administrator and tried any 'Net Use' command from the workstation to the LDMS server, and I get prompted that a correct username and password are required, so LocalSystem is not properly communicating with the LDMS server. However, if I change the Logon Account for the 'LANDesk Management Agent' to a local account with administrative priviledges, that fails too.
Also, if I change my distribution package from 'LocalSystem' to 'Current User's Account', it still fails.
So, as you can see, I have tried every potential soultion I could find on this issue, but to no avail. I tried porting my VM's from Virualbox to VMWare Player, but they fail (we don't have any licenses for VMWare Workstation, and was told no on purchasing one), so using another VM is not currently an option and I need to get it to work in Virtualbox.
Any help is GREATLY appreciated! If I had hare, I'd be bald by now trying to get this to work...!