1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2011 9:32 AM by theguru

Delivery methods - Custom Message

Apprentice

My users are really enjoying having their software deployed to them via LANDesk.  One of their only gripes has been that we have chosen to use a delivery method that basically prompts them to do a deployment and gives a generic message about what is going to happen.  "Close all your apps" etc kind of thing.

My users would LOVE for a message to be a little more like patching is where it will tell them what exactly will be installed when they select DEPLOY.

Apaprently you can do some custom HTML, but I can't find any guidance or help documenting those files.  All I can find is information on changing the logo.

Has anyone does this type of thing before using software distribution?

• 1. Re: Delivery methods - Custom Message
          Apprentice

Just as a follow on to the above discussion (or lack of), the localization files can be used to modify the default text that is displayed on the deploy screen.

10-12-2011 10-48-50 AM.png

This allows  LANDesk to post the package name at the top, while allowing for our company to put some specific text below.

The files are located on each client under the HTML directory under LDClient.

chshtmlstrings.js
          chthtmlstrings.js
          deuhtmlstrings.js
          enuhtmlstrings.js
          esphtmlstrings.js
          frahtmlstrings.js
          itahtmlstrings.js
          jpnhtmlstrings.js
          korhtmlstrings.js
          ptbhtmlstrings.js
          rushtmlstrings.js

I hope this helps someone.  As I get more together, I'll post more.  Input is welcome.