2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2011 9:38 PM by Mido

Cannot uninstall dameware by MSI or batch file package

Rookie

I am trying to create a package to uninstall Dameware.

First, I had simply created MSI uninstall package, but it didn't work and I got this return code:1605 with result Product Code not registered.

I also tried to do it by batch file package but I got the same return code 1605 with result package deployment failed. Although, the package downloaded successfully on the target PC. But if I run the batch file manually from the PC, it works and the dameware removed successfully.

• 1. Re: Cannot uninstall dameware by MSI or batch file package
          Apprentice

Error MSI 1605

1605This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.ERROR_UNKNOWN_PRODUCT

What 's synthax used in bacth file ?

Check code product ...

If use The batch file contains just one line :-
          c:\windows\system32\MsiExec.exe /UNINSTALL {XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX} /QUIET

you obtains " failed with exit code of 1605"

Test with is syntax :

MsiExec.exe /x {XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX} /q

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX = code product

• 2. Re: Cannot uninstall dameware by MSI or batch file package
            Rookie

I have tried many commends in the batch like msiexec, but in the end I reach to a workaround and I thought to share it with you guys.

first I noticed that if I have installed the dameware manually and then remove it by package it will work, but if it was already installed there it won't remove.

So I created 1 package combine of 2 packages.

first one is to re-install the dameware on the target machine and the 2nd package is a batch file to uninstall the dameware + deleting the files from the C directory.

I know it's not a perfect solution but here what I got :-)

Cheers,

Mido