5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 8:07 AM by swant

Landesk 8.8 agent creation problem

Apprentice

I am trying to create a new agent, mac,windows it doesnt matter. it gives me there is no available certificate when saving no agent. When i hit test it sasys found svrxxx whichis my server. ive checked all spots that i know where certs sit and they all appear to be there and everything else works but this function. Is there a spot i need to import my current certs? i dont recall ever having to do that.

ANY help is much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Landesk 8.8 agent creation problem
          Apprentice

anyone have any ideas on this?

• 2. Re: Landesk 8.8 agent creation problem
            Apprentice

Hi,

Have you tried re-installing your key file. You can do this by...

Opening up a DOS prompt on the core server and running...

• C:\program files\landesk\shared files\keys\installkey.exe "NAME OF KEY FILE WITHOUT .KEY" "/LDMS=PATH TO LDLOGON"

• E.g.

• C:\program files\landesk\shared files\keys\installkey.exe "C:\program files\landesk\shared files\keys\installkey.exe "LANDesk9_12345678" "/LDMS=C:\program files\landesk\managementsuite\ldlogon"

The name of the key file can be determined by browsing the C:\program files\landesk\shared files\keys\ folder. Be careful if there is more than one to get the correct one.

Review the installkey.log file for errors.

Rgds

Blair

• 3. Re: Landesk 8.8 agent creation problem
              Apprentice

I had not seen that before as far as an answer. I tried this and  here is the log.

Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:44:26 Installing for ManagementSuite. ldlogon path = D:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDLOGON\
              Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:44:26 Adding trusted cert 3f34b722.0 to stacfg file ntstacfg.in#
              Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:44:26 Adding trusted cert 3f34b722.0 to stacfg file ntstacfg.in#.bak
              Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:44:26 Adding trusted cert 3f34b722.0 to stacfg file NTSTACFG.INI
              Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:44:26 Setting 3f34b722.0 as default trusted certificate in registry
              Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:44:26 Installing WinPE certificate using application : D:\Program Files\LANDesk\landesk\vboot\copyfile.exe
              Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:44:26    command line : "D:\Program Files\LANDesk\landesk\vboot\ldvpe1.img" "D:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDLOGON\3f34b722.0" \cba8\cbaroot\certs\3f34b722.0
              Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:44:26    installation of the certificate in Win PE returned 0.
              Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:44:26 Setting up install of Resident Agent for the core server
              Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:44:26 Adding certificate 3f34b722.0 to the Macintosh OS X Client
              Wed, 23 Nov 2011 07:15:28 Failed to get the hash from the key file (c:\program files\landesk\shared files\keys\c:\keys\11111111.key), no action will be performed

Feb is about the time i added sp4 and havnt had the need to add a client until now. Apparently i need to fix the hash somehow?

• 4. Re: Landesk 8.8 agent creation problem
                Apprentice

I think this just due to the directory you are in the dos prompt or a type in your command line.

Can you type the following in the dos prompt on the core.

cd c:\program files\landesk\shared files\keys and make sure you are in that directory in the dos window.

then type the command as per my last post.

installkey "KEY FILE NAME WITHOUT .KEY" "/LDMS=PATH TO LDLOGON"

Post a screenshot of your command line if it still shows the same error.

• 5. Re: Landesk 8.8 agent creation problem
                  Apprentice

this is how i made it work

C:\Program Files\LANDesk\Shared Files\keys>installkey.exe 11111111key "/LDMS=D:\Program Files\LANDesk\ldlogon"

Thank you so much Blair