1] Check LANDesk Inventory service on core server
2] Test nslookup FQDN name core server
3] Test access port inventory by Telnet core server 5007
4]Check GPO policy
5] On cmd net stop mpssvc
Odd Issues are frequently, but not always, the result of some AD GPO kicking in. maybe you device gets some GPO update after a number of Hrs that changes the way it is able to resolve the core server name via DNS?
5] On cmd net stop mpssvc "stop firewall"
is what one of the five tests was a successful and if so, or what?
please insert your results.
You can execute command gpresult on your client computer to verify GPO
All, name resolution was fine, firewall off/disabled, Inventory Service on the core is ok, telnet worked fine. Still investigating GPO's.
I ran a wireshark while the Inventory scan was running and could see it contact the core, but almost immediately attempt to contact the Mgmt Gateway..like the Core was not reachable. This client is not setup for the gateway so after a short period of time, I get the did not respond msg. I can ping the core by FDQN without issue at the same time the core is not reachable. The core is processing other scans without issue. As a test I ran BrokerConfig and changed the setting from 'Dynamically determine connection route' to 'Connect directly to the LDMS core'. After doing so, the Inventory scan works fine using the FQDN. Set it back to 'dynamically', and it fails. Came in this morning and all scans work fine with it set to dymanic using the FQDN.