3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2011 2:25 PM by dmshimself

what is the Error ???

Apprentice

when clicking on a ticket link from an email.

“There has been an unexpected error. Click Continue to return to the previous page.

Module with Id {Class/Module/Name} not found.”

at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.MetadataCatalog.GetClassType(String name)
      at Touchpaper.Web.Console.Components.ObjectParameters.ValidateClassType() in c:\Dev\swa\code\Touchpaper.Web.Console.Components\Parameters\ObjectParameters.cs:line 238
      at Touchpaper.Web.Console.Components.ObjectParameters.Validate() in c:\Dev\swa\code\Touchpaper.Web.Console.Components\Parameters\ObjectParameters.cs:line 180
      at Touchpaper.Web.Console.Controllers.ObjectController.Open() in c:\Dev\swa\code\Touchpaper.Web.Console\Controllers\ObjectController.cs:line 73
      at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
      at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClassd.b__a()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClassd.<>c__DisplayClassf.b__c()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClassd.<>c__DisplayClassf.b__c()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)

When I click continue, I have to login again, then it takes me to the dashboard.

Regards

• 1. Re: what is the Error ???
          ITSMMVPGroup

I'd dig out the processapprover manual for the version you are running and carefully check the process approver link and that it is enabled (some versions have a system setting for this).  Then also carefully check the text of the link in the reminder/assignment.  It really needs to be spot on and if you have upgraded may well need to be changed.  At first glance it looks as the the {} bit hasn't been deferenced to refer to the actual incident details.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: what is the Error ???
            Apprentice

Thanks for the Quick Reply,

Honestly i tried many time but unable to read out the Error or what is this error saying    can u let me know how did you figure out that errors belong to ProcessApprover

Or simple is there any way to read out those hidden Messeges in Errors 

• 3. Re: what is the Error ???
              ITSMMVPGroup

Links in emails are often (but not always) generated using process approver and the text of what you are seeing does give some clues, but I do accept LANDesk errors are not always the easiest to read.

If it was working and then stopped working, find the person who made the change and ask them to attend to fixing it!

You could also report this issue to whoever did your implementation or your support team as something is clearly a bit broken.  Good luck :-)