11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2011 7:12 PM by FireFistAce

How to get user login information in LDSD 7.4

Rookie

Hi Friends,

Sorry, if my question is so simple ( i always came with simple question )

Here is the condition :

I created new business object in Incident Management Modules (let's call it Business Object "Request", which has similar function with incident), which all the attribute is new..and then i created form for Business Object "Request" too...

The flow is End User will create (submit) "Request" and then the process will go to the Analyst Level

Can you help me about how if i want to get the information about who create(submit) the "Request"?? (the person who login to the system to create/submit the "Request")

I need to get the information about "CreatedBy" and "CreatedGroup" like when the End User create/submit Incident... (like the attribute that i marked in the picture)

In my opinion, i must make a relation between "Request" Business Object and another business object that contain information about the person who login to the system...but i don't know what business object that contain information about that

Thank you very much for your help...

Regards,

Efendi

• 1. Re: How to get user login information in LDSD 7.4
          Expert

A year and a half ago I took my training and we covered this so please forgive me if my memory is a bit sketchy.  If I remember right when you create the attribute and you select DataTime, a Persistence Type box comes up and you can select CreateDateTime or UpdateDateTime ( tried it to get the names).  It's similar with Groups when you drag them to your Object, you can set a persistence type.  I think you can only do this when you create the attributes (fields).

• 2. Re: How to get user login information in LDSD 7.4
            Rookie

Hi Carl Simpson,

Thanks for your reply

I already tried what you suggest...and you are right about a CreateDateTime and UpdateDateTime, and it filled the field with system date..

Honestly, i don't understand with "(tried it to get the names)", what do you meant about that??can you please describe about that??

Thanks before

• 3. Re: How to get user login information in LDSD 7.4
              Stu McNeill Employee

Hi,

The Request object already has attributes for the Creation User, Last Updated User, Creation Date and Last Updated and you should see them in Object Designer in the exact same way you saw them on the Incident object.  They will be in the lower list of attributes that appear read only - this is because they are inherited from the Process object which is the same object Incident inherits from (and is how I know you already have the attributes for both objects).

Hope that helps.

• 4. Re: How to get user login information in LDSD 7.4
                Expert

"tried it to get the names"  What Imeant was I tried to do what you need to do and went into my system and added an attribute so I could get the name of the form and fields so it would make sense to you.  No way I could remember exact field names from 18 months ago.  Maybe someone else remebers exactly how to get the cretaed by user but I think when you add a user object to your object by dragging it, I think you will be presented with a similar box and can select createdby and updated by.  Again, it was 18 months ago.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: How to get user login information in LDSD 7.4
                  Rookie

Hi Stu,

Thanks for your reply

I already checked in my new Business Object (called "Form Pengaduan Nasabah" -- the one that i called "Request" before), but i didn't find the attribute for the Creation User, Last Updated User, Creation Date and Last Updated like in the Incident Business Object (screen shot is attached).

Do you have any idea how to make "Form Pengaduan Nasabah" Business Object inherit from Incident Business Object?

Thanks Stu

• 6. Re: How to get user login information in LDSD 7.4
                    Stu McNeill Employee

Hi,

Apologies, I misunderstood and thought you were referring to the object called "Request" that is there by default, not a new object you've created ("Form Pengaduan Nasabah").

To add a Creation User or Update User attribute you need to expand the System module and drag User to your object.  On the dialog that appears click "No" and this will create the user relationship you need.  Another dialog will appear to set the "Persistance Type" and you can select CreationUser or UpdateUser accordingly.

• 7. Re: How to get user login information in LDSD 7.4
                      Rookie

Hi Carl and Stu,

Thanks for your answer

I already get the information about who create/submit the "Request"

But, i still can't make the filter using CreateGroup inside the User (screen shot "Filter for Form Pengaduan Nasabah")...i want to make filter with condition like in the incident (screen shot "SPN
                      attached)..

So the condition is created by group SPN or another group...any idea to assist this problem??

Thanks

• 8. Re: How to get user login information in LDSD 7.4
                        Expert

The create group should be like Create user, drag system.group up to your object and select create or update for the persistense type.

Your screen shot looks like your trying to add a filter to the categories attribute so that only some categories are available, this doesn't seem to be reated to what you wanted.  You can filter categories but I thought you wanted to know what group the creation user was in at the time the form was created.  People can switch groups so capturing this might be relavent.  If your users basically stay in one group, you could just take the user group that is associated to the user object as their group.

• 9. Re: How to get user login information in LDSD 7.4
                          Rookie

Yeah Carl, that what i want

i want to filtering the categories, so if user in group SPN is login and create "Request" the profiling is only like this ("Correct Profiling.jpg"), i set this in Incident Business Object, with condition like this ("SPN.jpg") and it's worked well...

But, when i worked at my new business object ("Request"), i set it like this ("SPN Filter.jpg"), but it still didn't work, the profiling in the form is look like this ("Wrong Profiling.jpg")..

i'm confused how it could happen??

do you have any idea Carl??

Thanks

• 10. Re: How to get user login information in LDSD 7.4
                            Expert

Personally, I would not do it this way.  I would write a query to do what you want and I would select the query on the form itself.  There is a Query/Filter attribute for objects like category and you can limit it that way.  It's much easier to test, change your group before you run the query so you can see what the users see.  I can't tell you why it might be better to do a filter in the object itself, I am sure there are reasons but I like using the queries better.

• 11. Re: How to get user login information in LDSD 7.4
                              Rookie

HI Carl,

Thanks for your response, and sorry for the late response..

It's worked now, i added 1 new field in Categories(called it "Type") that used to classified the class of categories...and then i make a relation by drag group from system to my new business object, and select "No", and then make a filter in categories (in my new business object)

The filter is "Type" is equal to "Runtime value" from Group_CreatedGroup

and it's worked...Thanks for your assist Carl...

Regards,

Efendi