3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2011 1:24 AM by hewy06

Adding attributes from Incidents to Tasks in a process

Stephen_Justice Rookie

Hi,

I'm creating some forms for people to use on our system and attaching some processes to them to automate how they are handled.

I'm currently doing my first one and have selected to do our new user form. For this I created several new attributes so that I could have the Process check how they'd been answered and send off the appropriate tasks to the appropraite support groups.

However I've come across a problem in that when I put a task creation into the process there is only so much information I seem to be able to have it display.

Tasks do not appear to support Place Holders so I can't have it reference fields directly from an incident in the Task details. I also don't seem to be able to access the Incident attributes from the Calculation Formula window.

Does anyone know of a way to place attributes inside of the details field of a new task so that it can send off the information automatically?

I believe one way might be to drag a link from Incident to Task in the object designer, but I'm not sure if this would cause other complications.

Regards,

Stephen Justice