4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2011 9:18 AM by Peter Lee

Where to retrive data in the alert log?

Peter Lee Apprentice

Hi All,

I know we can generate a report from alert log. However, I would like to do is to generate a report from the LDMS reporting tool with the customized SQL script. So the first of all is find where the data locates. Please help.

Thanks.

-Peter

• 1. Re: Where to retrive data in the alert log?
          Apprentice

Hi,

The alert log content is stored within the LANDesk database. There are a number of tables you will note start with Alert.. however the ones you may be most interested in are AlertLog and AlertStrings. The AlertLog table actually lists each event generated by the core or managed devices, and has a column called AlertId which can be used to link to the StringId column in the AlertStrings table. The StringValue and Description columns can then be used to get the 'plain text' message for each alert.

Hope thats what you were looking for.

Rgds

Blair

• 2. Re: Where to retrive data in the alert log?
            Peter Lee Apprentice

Hi Brair,

Thanks for your response. My need is quite simple. In the console, I can query the inventory history by right clicking on a client and choosing "inventory history" from the item list. The SQL scripts are what I need. Can help?

Thanks.

-Peter

• 3. Re: Where to retrive data in the alert log?
              Apprentice

Well if its Inventory histroy you are after how about the following.

SELECT

Computer.DeviceName, History.ChangeDate, METAATTRIBUTES.ENU, History.OLDSTR, History.OLDINT, History.OLDDATE, History.NEWSTR, History.NEWINT,

History.NEWDATE

FROM

History INNER JOIN

METAOBJATTRRELATIONS

ON History.MetaObjAttrRelations_Idn = METAOBJATTRRELATIONS.METAOBJATTRRELATIONS_IDN INNER JOIN

METAATTRIBUTES

ON METAOBJATTRRELATIONS.METAATTRIBUTES_IDN = METAATTRIBUTES.METAATTRIBUTES_IDN INNER JOIN

Computer

ON History.Computer_Idn = Computer.Computer_Idn

• 4. Re: Where to retrive data in the alert log?
                Peter Lee Apprentice

Thanks a lot!