4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2011 12:01 AM by hafizzudin

how to modify the report so the Device name does not repeat for every returned value for landesk management 9.0

aditichalke Rookie

how to modify the report so the Device name does not repeat for every returned value in landesk management 9.0

• 1. Re: how to modify the report so the Device name does not repeat for every returned value for landesk management 9.0
          Rookie

I have the same question.

I am working on a hardware report wih the same issue.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: how to modify the report so the Device name does not repeat for every returned value for landesk management 9.0
            Catalysttgj Expert

What you guys are asking for may or may not be possible. I haven't personally done that much work with the report designer but to my understanding you have two choices on how to do this. You'll either use a stock LDMS query as the source, or an SQL query as the source. From there the output is more or less just column data, which means to selectively decide to not populate a column on certain rows would likely push in the direction of having to write a somewhat complex SQL query to facilitate that. Its probably way too much work, but i'm not an SQL wizard either, so maybe its doable, but from the lack of response that you're getting here, something tells me not many here want to touch this with a 40 foot pole.

It might help your cause to post more information about what the report is on the output side, and what you're currently using for its source. You might want to even post an export of it, or some screen shots of what you're getting, and the LDMS query. There might be better ways to do what you're doing. Perhaps your getting rows where you might be able to get just more columns of information without the redundant rows? Again, once folks can see what you're doing exactly, they might have some tips or solutions to share.

Good luck.

• 3. Re: how to modify the report so the Device name does not repeat for every returned value for landesk management 9.0
              Simon Ma Employee

Sorry but I'm agree with Catalysttgj, your question is a little too vague : how do you create your actual report ? using SQL query or LDMS query ? Some screenshoots might help ...

Nevertheless, in general case, the easier way to avoid the repetition of the 'Devicename' in a report is to use the grouping function and to delete the devicename field.

Here below an example :

1- I create a LDMS query, on which my report will be based
                     In this example, the LDMS query look on each device if any adobe product is installed

1-LDMS_Query_Adobe_Product.png

2- I take this query to create a new report

2-New_Report.png

3- At this step, I chose to add a chart,not for the chart itself but because it will automatically add the "group by" function in my report !!

3-New_Report_Properties.png

4- If I let the report the way it is, the result will show for each returning line, the devicename

4-Report_Preview_with_Devicename.png

5- So I go into the report designer and make some change :
                      - I can delete the chart, that I don't want to use
                      - I delete the Devicename field, as I don't want to see it.

5-Designer_Modification_M.png

Here's the result

6-Report_Preview_without_Devicename.png

The grouping function can be add manually, but I think the method I describe is the easiest way, if you don't want to spend time on the report designer tool and the advance option

If my answer is not what you are looking for, feel free to re-phrase your question and add some details/screenshoot to illustrate.

Simon

• 4. Re: how to modify the report so the Device name does not repeat for every returned value for landesk management 9.0
                Rookie

I'm also facing the same issue before and below steps is the solution. Hope it can help.

(1) Create a grouping in the table and set the group expression to the name of the field you want to hide duplicates.

(2) Hide the group header and footer sections.

(3) Set the Textbox expression to the following "=Iif(1=RowNumber("TableName"), Fields!FieldName.Value, "") "

These steps would group all the rows with duplicate values together,  the expression would then only show the first row of that group, thus  achieving the desired results.

*credit to data dynamic support forum