1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 24, 2011 8:05 AM by Terry_Courtney

Filter by email address

Apprentice

Hi all,

Let me just give a quick brief of what I am trying to achieve:

I am currently working on a process in our Service Desk system that allows a user to click a link of our self service homepage before they login, which they can click on which takes them to a basic window which asks them to type their email address then click save and close, which will then kick off a process which emails them their loginID.

The problem:

The principle of this process works fine, but the problem that I am having is getting the "Raise User" field which I am using on the window to filter, as the user types in their email address to work. It displays a list of user email address from the whole system when clicked, which kind of indicates that I am halfway there. But as I type in an email address the list does not start to filter down at all.

Can anyone suggest a way that I can get this work as desired?!

Cheers in advance

Terry

• 1. Re: Filter by email address
          Apprentice

Hi all,

Please disregard, I have found a way to do this and the process now works and sends the users login ID to their email address.

I realised that as I am using this function within the service portal, I can use Output Attributes to change the way the drop down is filtered and displayed!

Cheers

Terry