3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2011 6:48 AM by JulianWigman

End user acceptance

DaveJ Apprentice

I’m looking to convert some of my company’s old paper request forms into Service Desk request.  One of these forms requires a sign off from the end user to say “yes I’ve read your demands and agree to your terms etc…”

Has anyone successfully accomplished something like this in a Service Desk request?

Thanks,

DJ

• 1. Re: End user acceptance
          Expert

Hi DJ

You can certainly incorporate this sort of thing into a process design, where it won't procede until the end-user confirms a particular action.

Some of the OOTB Request Management processes have user confirmation built in to them already for you to use.  You can include auto-generated emails with web-links in them which will open up the particular call automatically, and if you have integrated logon it becomes a seamless exercise.

Cheers

Paul

• 2. Re: End user acceptance
            DaveJ Apprentice

Thanks for the input Paul, looks like an Add Reminder is what I'm probably going to be using for an email notification followed by an Assignment.

In any event, I just found out that I get to attend Service Desk Boot Camp which is what I really needed!  Think I'll hold off on the form conversions until after the class.

-dj

• 3. Re: End user acceptance
              JulianWigman Expert

Yes I did something similar in one of my solutions where we needed to place a disclaimer box on the main incident window for security purposes and only let the Incident be saved if they gave an affirmative.

Actually it's a really  simple thing to do. 

1) Create a reference list in BOD, the window to populate it and add one data value to it eg "Agreed".

2) Add this as a related object to say the Incident BO

3) Mod your main Incident form to add this dropdown, maybe in a groupbox to highlight the text and answer required.

4) Make the answer a mandatory field.

Voila, you cant save the Incident until the disclaimer is agreed too.

Regards

Julian