1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 3:47 PM by Walker

Canned Vulnerability Dashboard reports all give bad counts

Walker Rookie

When running any of the canned Vulnerabilities Dashboard or Vulnerabities Dashboard sub-reports, the resulting counts are over what they should be.

For instance, when running "Details of devices scanned for vulnerabilities" report, the result returns some "Device Names" twice in the report which bloats the total numbers way over what it should be. Interesting thing is, the Devices that are showing up twice in the reports are devices that I have created scopes for in User Management. (There are lines in the query and parameters that refer to scopes, I think that is were the issue is but not sure.)

I copied the reports to My reports so I could edit them. The SQL Query for the report is below.

I was able overcome the problem by adding "DISTINCT" to the first SELECT statement. This worked for the Charts as well.

My issue now is the Charts and reports are somehow linked together to the original reports.

Does anyone know how I can link the dashboard reports that I copied to "my Reports" together, so that when I click on the chart it will call the report that I have fixed and not the original canned report that returns BAD data?

=IIF(Parameters!Scanned.Value,
      "SELECT c.DeviceName, os.OSType, t.Address, c.valastscandate)
      FROM Computer c
      LEFT JOIN TCP t
      ON c.Computer_Idn=t.Computer_Idn
      LEFT JOIN Operating_System os ON c.Computer_Idn=os.Computer_Idn
      LEFT OUTER JOIN ScopeComputer sc
      ON sc.Computer_Idn = c.Computer_Idn
      WHERE " + Code.AddScopeClause("sc.Scope_Idn",Parameters!ScopeIDs.Value) + " 
      AND c.valastscandate >=? AND c.valastscandate <? ",
      "SELECT c.DeviceName, os.OSType, t.Address, c.valastscandate
      FROM Computer c
      LEFT JOIN TCP t
      ON c.Computer_Idn=t.Computer_Idn
      LEFT JOIN Operating_System os
      ON c.Computer_Idn=os.Computer_Idn
      LEFT OUTER JOIN ScopeComputer sc
      ON sc.Computer_Idn = c.Computer_Idn
      WHERE " + Code.AddScopeClause("sc.Scope_Idn",Parameters!ScopeIDs.Value) + "
      AND c.valastscandate IS NULL or c.valastscandate <? or c.valastscandate >=?"

Thanks!!

• 1. Re: Canned Vulnerability Dashboard reports all give bad counts
          Walker Rookie

I think I fugured this out.

In  Report Designer, Open the properties for the chart, select chart data, then values. In the Values section select the Green Arrow (Series Value - Action). There is a jump to report radio button with a value. The Value you have to enter is the GUID for the report that you want to jump to.

To Get the Report GUID I used "SQL Query analyzer" with the folowing query.

"SELECT Name, Description, Guid  FROM Report" (no Quotes)

From the resulting table you can find the Report Name  that you want in the Name column with the associated GUID in the GUID column.

Chart.PNG