9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2011 2:45 PM by Catalysttgj

Customise Softwares Query

Apprentice

hello Gents,

I want to query for customise softwares list like adobe, lync, Office vmware in xyz domain

kindly guide me what will be the query

I am using LDMS 9.0 sp2

Cheers

• 1. Re: Customize Softwares Query
          Catalysttgj Expert

I think this elearning document will be useful to you once they fix it. The link is busted at this moment. Hopefully the correct it soon.

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-22342

In the meantime,

in the console drill down into "Queries" in the upper left panel.

You can then right-click in either "My queries" or "Public quiries" possibly, and choose "new query"

From there in the query panel that appears, in the "Machine components" frame, scroll down to "Software",

and drill down through "Add or Remove Programs", then "Programs". Select "Name" then select "=" operator in the middle frame.

In the right frame you'll then be presented with a list of EVERY application name that exists for all the devices that you have in your DB.

This can be an extensive list. Select whatever you want to look for, and then click the "insert" button below the left frame.

You can name your query and save it as it is, and this will produce a simple list of every device that has whatever software application that you chose.

To get more complex, you can add output columns that provide more details about the given application, or any other values that you might want to see,

but i'm going to stop here and let you explore it from there, and take a look at the elearning area for more, especially the linked article that hopefully gets corrected soon.

good luck. Hope that gives you a good start.

Cheers,

g;-)

• 2. Re: Customize Softwares Query
            Apprentice

Dear,

Thanks for the reply , let me check this query

Stay Awesome

• 3. Re: Customize Softwares Query
              Apprentice

Hello  catalysttgj

i tried given procedure but it did't work for me find attached image the query

query custome software.JPG

Stay awesome

• 4. Re: Customize Softwares Query
                Catalysttgj Expert

You need to put OR operators between the software titles, and then group them, IF you're going to have other items such as the "computer"."domain" = bit.

You don't have to group them if all you have is a list of items with OR operators between them, but the moment you have at least one AND operator, you must group the OR's together, otherwise the logic is totally wrong.

Example: (Parenthesis need to surround the OR's. Don't include AND's since they are inclusives.)

(Software .....

OR Software.....

OR Software....)

AND "Computer"."Domain" = "something"

• 5. Re: Customize Softwares Query
                  Apprentice

Dear,

just checking the query  need little help

how to add parenthesis

Example: (Parenthesis need to surround the OR's. Don't include AND's since they are inclusives.)

(Software .....

OR Software.....

OR Software....)

AND "Computer"."Domain" = "something"

Test query1.JPG

check it and if there is any mistake please advise

Cheers

• 6. Re: Customize Softwares Query
                    Catalysttgj Expert

Highlight items that need to be grouped, and then click group. that's how you get the parenthesis.

On a side note, do you actually have a domain name with a bunch of white space in front from ".com"? If not, then you're doing that wrong. Get rid of that line, and test the query so you can get an idea of how to use queries on software alone, and then add that extra bit and test. I think you're doing that wrong, but i don't know for sure.

Good luck.

• 7. Re: Customize Softwares Query
                      Apprentice

Thanks for the quick reply , i am getting my result as you told me and that white is not spaces its my domain name

will get back to you with my result

Cheers

• 8. Re: Customize Softwares Query
                        Apprentice

ok here is the query image

query.JPG

and this one is query result but my question is why i m getting the list of those programs whiic are not in the query ??

result.JPG

hope you got my point

Thanks

• 9. Re: Customize Softwares Query
                          Catalysttgj Expert

"Computer"."Full name" Exists does NOT belong in a software title grouping likt this. As stated earlier, group only software titles that need to be exclusive separated with OR operators. Everything that is inclusive needs to be outside of that grouping in most cases separated by AND operators. What in the world would Full name have to do with a query of software titles? Think about.