3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2011 11:53 AM by jsetiadi

Security and Patch Managment via Gateway (Cloud Appliance)

jsetiadi Rookie

Do any special configuations need to be made to patch devices via the LANDesk Gateway (Cloud appliance)?

Remote Control and Software Distribution work fine, however, I can't seem to get the patch management going. Appreciate any advice.

Running LD9 SP2

• 1. Re: Security and Patch Managment via Gateway (Cloud Appliance)
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

For patching the tasks need to be made a Policies, you cannot Push....  the client should check in for policies, and run them.

There is a HUGE issue right now though that affects users on Comcast and other ISP's that is set to be fixed in SP3... In short the client tries to contact the core, if it cannot it will go to the gateway by default... but Comcast and some other ISP's are taking the failed attempts to reach the core and routing it to their search engine instead of just letting it fail....

Since the attempt looks successfull (it did not fail, but was redirected), it tries to get the patches from the core, which it cannot...

If the client brokeronfig is set to use the gateway instead of manually this works, but causes other issues if the client comes back on site...

SP3 is set to have the fix for this

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Security and Patch Managment via Gateway (Cloud Appliance)
            zman Master

In addition to what JM said which is spot on. Your patch package source must be:

1. Either on your core.
            2. Or if off core, trick it with the VUNC trick.
            • 3. Re: Security and Patch Managment via Gateway (Cloud Appliance)
              jsetiadi Rookie

Thanks very much for the info. I knew they had to be set as Policy and all of the patches are on the core but, it still wasn't working. On a whim, I created a virtual directory (even with the patches already on the core), changed the URL to point to the virtual directory with the FQDN and it works.

Appreciate the advice